Quantcast

>>>Finally Friderp<<<

I have to drag my sorry old ass back in to work; even got suckered into going on call this weekend. I really don't want to be there.

Wound up getting in the face of one of the partners yesterday, a person I have worked amicably with for years - he asked me to do something, I said OK, then he sent out an email to three of us asking for the same thing. Told him to quit wasting people's time. We seem to have two modes: nobody's working on something or we have flies on shit.

In other news, I have not yet managed to convince my Raspberry Pi to communicate using a wireless USB adapter. Using a primitive text editor to flounder in an interfaces file is the sucks.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Got an "appreciation dinner" tonight for my wife's work. Not really a big fan of having to keep up small chat with my wife's co-workers but we've got a sitter and there will be free food/brews. So I'll make the best of it.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, all of you beautiful rays of sunshine.

I am starting to get a little stir crazy. My legs are starting to feel good and rested but I cannot run hard or long (twss) for another week (marathon next Sunday). Biking as a replacement is not allowed. The legs must be allowed to rest and recover. I have now commenced weather stalking and over-analyzing every little thing about the race. This is called "taper madness" and it is normal. The next week is going to be a brutal mental torture. Thanks for listening.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hello, all of you beautiful rays of sunshine.

I am starting to get a little stir crazy. My legs are starting to feel good and rested but I cannot run hard or long (twss) for another week (marathon next Sunday). Biking as a replacement is not allowed. The legs must be allowed to rest and recover. I have now commenced weather stalking and over-analyzing every little thing about the race. This is called "taper madness" and it is normal. The next week is going to be a brutal mental torture. Thanks for listening.

The one thing, the only one thing, I ever liked about running was it seemed pretty weather independent. Running in the cold and wet has the same levels of un-enjoyability as running on a warm clear day. Actually I prefer running in the cold. Ice would suck but other than that quit'cher whining.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Slept all the way from 11:30pm to 3am. Fuck you too jetlag.

At work now, might as well go for an in early/out early type deal if sleeping isn't on the table.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The one thing, the only one thing, I ever liked about running was it seemed pretty weather independent. Running in the cold and wet has the same levels of un-enjoyability as running on a warm clear day. Actually I prefer running in the cold. Ice would suck but other than that quit'cher whining.
10 day forecast puts marathon day at partly cloudy, high of 45, little wind. That is ideal marathon weather. Hope it holds up. When I ran the VT City Marathon back in May, it was sunny, humid, and 75....a beautiful day for strolling around Burlington, but awful for running a marathon especially being my first warm run of the year coming off winter training with no time to acclimate. coolstorybro.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
10 day forecast puts marathon day at partly cloudy, high of 45, little wind. That is ideal marathon weather. Hope it holds up. When I ran the VT City Marathon back in May, it was sunny, humid, and 75....a beautiful day for strolling around Burlington, but awful for running a marathon especially being my first warm run of the year coming off winter training with no time to acclimate. coolstorybro.

Very cool story, tell us more about how the temperature is different throughout the year.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Boss gave me the day off, though it was granted before I quit, so it may have been invalidated, but I'm going to take it anyway. Got a hot date with the DMV and the car dealership. Woo...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Brisk ride to work here in NYC too but still nice to be out there.

My damn left foot has pain in the same spot again it so frustrating. Got a cortisone shot to help it go away and it did go away but now its back just as I felt so good.:banghead:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
vim4lyfe, yo. (Actually these days I do JavaScript and HTML in Webstorm, but do bust out vi/vim when sshing in.)

about post count anymore. At this point it is just kind of embarrassing.
Cue Acadian's always-artifically-low post count. It's an anti status symbol.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Vi and vim are actually different though, aren't they? One of them sucks... And some builds link both vi and vim to the same version.

First poop break of the day. Apparently I've been working for the last 4 hours with my pants undone. Oops.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It looks like I am not riding bootleg today since the bike people who were supposed to pick me up this morning did not show up and no one is answering the phone. *le sigh* :dead:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Vi and vim are actually different though, aren't they? One of them sucks... And some builds link both vi and vim to the same version.

First poop break of the day. Apparently I've been working for the last 4 hours with my pants undone. Oops.
vim is vi improved. Very similar from the interface side, with prettier syntax coloring when in vim. It's good practice to alias vi to run vim as there's no reason not to.