Quantcast

Finally got around to taking pictures of my bike

Dtrain

Chimp
Apr 12, 2004
Maine
Here is my bike, It is a Univega Alpina 602 s I bought it along time ago and have always just upgraded parts than getting a new frame. It has Judy XC's up front with New Avid TI V brakes and levers. It is a great light weight bike. I am 22 now and have had it about 6 years. enjoy
Dylan

Attachments

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Uh... help me out here. Is that a 1" threaded headset set up? One of my riding buddies has a 1986 Bridgestone rigid - he hasn't been able to turn up a suspenstion fork for it. :confused:

Dtrain

Chimp
Apr 12, 2004
Maine
I got the Judy XC's for the the moment they came out. I was back ordered on the ones before those ones that were gold so they sent me those instead, what a deal that was. The Judy's replaced the stock rock shox that were grey. Tell your friend good luck it will be hard since no one makes a bike with a 1in anymore.
Dylan

Dtrain

Chimp
Apr 12, 2004
Maine
Originally posted by Ridemonkey
I used to have one of those. They were good, no BS bikes back in the day. Enjoy it!
That is why I never changed and Have always had it, the frame is small for me but it is light and it rides great and I will ride it till it breaks (surprised it hasn't yet with all the abuse I put it through)
Dylan

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Uh... help me out here. Is that a 1" threaded headset set up? One of my riding buddies has a 1986 Bridgestone rigid - he hasn't been able to turn up a suspenstion fork for it. :confused:
RST still makes 1" forks, I just recently bought one for 30$ cdn for a commuter. Marz I believe has the MZ Comp (or mx comp) you can do on special order. I would email them direct as I have never found it online.

Ooops...threaded...nm

NastySid

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Sweden
RST comes wo the top tup.. Sold separatly.. Made in 1", 1 1/8" both threaded and unthreaded..

For cheap forks i have good experience with Top Gun forks..

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I didnt Know Univega was still around. My dad still rides his that he got like 20 years ago. It has that stupid oval front chainring thing that was all the rage :)

Dtrain

Chimp
Apr 12, 2004
Maine
Originally posted by BigMike
I didnt Know Univega was still around. My dad still rides his that he got like 20 years ago. It has that stupid oval front chainring thing that was all the rage :)
What is this Oval Chainring thing? Never heard of it. My bike is like 8 years old and still rolling strong but a lot has been replaced, Pretty much only the frame is stock!