Quantcast

Finally got me one

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I finally got me a 29er. It's a 2010 Stumpy demo bike. They said it was ridden 6 times. Looks like it was ridden three times. I couldn't afford a really nice one, so I couldn't pass this one up. 1600 for the whole thing. The maiden voyage will be tomorrow.
I rode the Titus Rockstar and liked it a ton. Same frame and suspension design. I'm hoping they're pretty similar. I know the Titus was lighter, but I'm still pretty damn stoked.

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Congrats! Sounds like a killer deal. Looking forward to a ride report once you've had it out a few times.
- Joe

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Rode it yesterday. Went out on about a 13 miler. The bike is lighter than my other ride. I haven't weighed it yet, but i'm thinking it's around the low 30's. I couldn't climb the loose hills that great. Ended up checking the tires. They had way too much air in them. I lowered them to about the mid 30's and that made a world of difference. I'm changing over to a shorter stem around 70 mm long. It's got a 100mm stem right now. I also want to go with some wider bars around 29.5. The ones it has on it are 27 and they feel too narrow.
Suspension was a bit too stiff, so i'm going to soften it up a bit. Only getting about 2/3 travel front and rear. The bike descended good. Rolled super fast. Taking the bike out tomorrow with the changes being made to it. Should be a lot more towards my liking. THe bike still ruled even though i haven't gotten it all tuned up yet. I'll post again after tomorrow's ride.
Oh yeah, it accelerates fast. It's a trip how the wheels roll so easily. Very happy with the bike so far. It'll only get better.