Quantcast

Finally got my MRI on my knee done!

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Well I wont be riding for at least most of next year....found out today....yes 3 months after the fact that my ACL is completely torn, I have multiple fractures, meniscus is in multiple pieces, patellar tendon is streched all to hell, MCL,and PCL have possible tears (mri incunclusive) bone bruises, blood in my knee, meniscus fragments floating around. And I tore another ligament, something to do with the meniscus...I pretty much wrecked my knee. So anyway if anyone needs any parts all my stuff is up for sale now...give me a shout if anyone wants anything. later adam:angry:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
What do you have for sale?

Sorry about your knee, I know how you feel. My sister torn both of he ACL's. (Each leg once)

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
Hey Man!

Sorry to hear about your knee. Fortunately, sugical techniques are leaps and bounds above what they were for knee surgery just a few years ago. So, you will get better in time. And you have to always remember when something like this happens, it could have been worse.

Might be a good year to spring for a X-Box 360 or take up a new hobby.

Best of luck for a speedy recovery!

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
drt_jumper said:
all sorts of stuff...pm me with what you need/want
I dont know what you have and I dont know what I need, but if you post up pictures and prices, something might spark my mind. I am looking for a good sealed headset for cheap. And any 20 mm Fork if you have one.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Holy Crap Adam!!! That is a LOT of sh!t wrong with your knee! I can't believe it took them so long to finally figure it all out.

I guess the good news in all this is that you are finally gonna get your knee fixed right. And when they are done, you may even have a working knee, somthing I don't think you have had since i've known you ;)

heal up quick!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
No offense but you shoulda got an MRI right after your injury. Your recovery is gonna be a lot longer and more painful now because you waited so long. On that note though goodluck and hopefully see you next season!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mobius said:
No offense but you shoulda got an MRI right after your injury. Your recovery is gonna be a lot longer and more painful now because you waited so long. On that note though goodluck and hopefully see you next season!

Dude, do you think he didn't know that?! This has been a long ongoing thing with him, and his knee has been so swollen that they COULDN'T do the MRI. I don't know when the next time Adam can get on here to post, but I have to defend him on that one. The guy has all kinds of sh!t wrong with his knee, we all know its going to be a long recovery, and all you can do is tell him is how he screwed up? You have no idea what was going on with him, so I don't think you are in a place to say that he should have gotten it done sooner.

I was in the same position as he is, and my knee was swollen to the point that they could not do tests on it for awhile.

Maybe you should show a little compassion to a fellow rider who is in a lot of pain :rolleyes:

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Damn Gina! What did you do to injure your knee that bad? It must have been one gnarly wreck or something. I hope you heal up quicker than that. Just dont try and rush things. It only makes it worse. Best of luck to ya!

bone doc (wanna be)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
wannabeabonedoc said:
Damn Gina! What did you do to injure your knee that bad? It must have been one gnarly wreck or something. I hope you heal up quicker than that. Just dont try and rush things. It only makes it worse. Best of luck to ya!

bone doc (wanna be)

Who's Gina? :D

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
thanks Mike...been away for a while, thanks for all the words...if anyone has any tips as to how to recover faster let me know....later adam

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Rent yourself a good video game and stay off your leg. Be upbeat about everything. Thats what hurt my sis, she felt sorry for herself and would get mad at everyone which made me not want to help her. Just be nice to people even though you are in pain and discomfort.

Do you have: a 20mm front fork
Sealed Headset? for sale.

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv
that sucks but if it makes you feel better i dislocated my knee at the end of july tearing my acl and pcl completely and partially tore my mcl. i had surgery sept. 26th and i am already riding snowmobile's everyday and was riding mx til we got covered in snow.

keep your head up man and spin the hell out of a trainer like all day everyday if you can. you'll ride this year.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
drt_jumper said:
thanks Mike...been away for a while, thanks for all the words...if anyone has any tips as to how to recover faster let me know....later adam
Do your physical therapy every damn day as much as you can stand and you will heal reallll fast. I tore out my ACL in high school and did therapy as much as possible and was back playing soccer fast.

BTW, just think **** could be worse thats what i always do when im injured.