Quantcast

finally ordered a head set and i am stupid!

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I have one of these on my Intense SS. One recommendation: grease the crap out of the bearings before you slip them in the cups. The outer race is straight steel. I didn't grease mine enough and the rusted up instantly.

It should have stainless bearings IMO.

DH-LOS

Chimp
Oct 3, 2009
I used the same headset on my Blindside and never had any trouble with it its cheap but good... Your good

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Actually, I don't know what in the hell he is talking about.
They press right in.
He may be thinking about another headset that a buddy of mine messed up, but it is not made anymore.
So it wasn't this one? What's the difference between this one and the old one we used to use? Description sounds the same. :confused:

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
So it wasn't this one? What's the difference between this one and the old one we used to use? Description sounds the same. :confused:
I'm not sure what the inside joke is, but the previous generation of this headset had really deep cups. The current model presses in about 1/4 inch, but the first design pressed in over 1/2 an inch. I actually prefer the old one for a couple different reasons, but they did shave some weight on the new model... :think: