douglas said:
dead or alive

I, don't wanna know your name
And I, don't want your private number, baby

All I know is that to me
You look like you're lots of fun
Open up your loving arms
I want some, want some

I set my sights on you (and no one else will do)
And I (I, I, I), I've got to have my way now, baby

All I know is that to me
You look like you're lots of fun
Open up your loving arms
Watch out here I come

Chorus:
You spin me right round, baby
Right round like a record, baby
Right round, round, round
(x2)
HAHAHAH! oh my god...I still remember my college cheerleading competition routine to that song! HAHAHAHA!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
So what you're saying is that usually dumba$$es buy those things, eh? ;)

-S.S.-
Not only those things...I have some friends that bought a Chevy truck...really nice truck...and she got demoted in her job and took a HUGE paycut. Anyway, she ended up having to trade the truck in for 24K and they owed 32K...she had to absorb that 8K into the new loan for a used Ford Focus which they paid 14K for. So they ended up basically paying 22K for a stupid ass ford focus.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
Not only those things...I have some friends that bought a Chevy truck...really nice truck...and she got demoted in her job and took a HUGE paycut. Anyway, she ended up having to trade the truck in for 24K and they owed 32K...she had to absorb that 8K into the new loan for a used Ford Focus which they paid 14K for. So they ended up basically paying 22K for a stupid ass ford focus.
she probably should have just gotten the focus to start w/ .

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
dh girlie said:
Which is what domestic dealers often do to the customer. Now those people will be driving that focus until it can't go anymore. The only way they'll get out is to buy another domstic with a $5000 rebate to take care of the negetive equity. Then they still end up in the same situation down the road since they paid $5000 more than everyone else.

My personal favorite is that Ford motor credit was offering 108 month loans on new cars. Nine years, on a car that probably won't last that long.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
Aaaaahahahahaha! Stupid people are *so* entertaining.......

-S.S.-

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
SkaredShtles said:
So what you're saying is that usually dumba$$es buy those things, eh? ;)

-S.S.-
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying........ only more blunt. Well dumbasses or if you can pay cash.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
SkaredShtles said:
Please God, tell me people don't actually take them up on that..... :eek:

-S.S.-
I would hope not. We did the math in a finance class I was in, With the APR(don't remember what it was) after three years of payments you still owe the original selling price on the car.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
SkaredShtles said:
One piece of advice my old man gave me a loooooong time ago:

"Son - don't *ever* buy a new car. Ever."

Has been good advice so far. :p

-S.S.-
Good advice, unless you want to lease(which "can" be very smart)..........but i should start a new thread if we're getting into that.

Todays problem is 5-6 year loans that the people want to get out of in three years. I want to scream every time i see a 2003 GMC envoy pull into my lot. :mumble:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Lexx D said:
Good advice, unless you want to lease(which "can" be very smart)..........but i should start a new thread if we're getting into that.
Hahahhaa. Well, he was coming from a standpoint that no car could *EVER* be worth more than $1500. He took the "car as transportation" thing to a whole new level. :p

-S.S.-

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
SkaredShtles said:
Hahahhaa. Well, he was coming from a standpoint that no car could *EVER* be worth more than $1500. He took the "car as transportation" thing to a whole new level. :p

-S.S.-
Sounds like all my roomates, but a car for $500 use it till it breaks and buy another $500 car.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Lexx D said:
Sounds like all my roomates, but a car for $500 use it till it breaks and buy another $500 car.
Sorta - except he'd buy it for $500, drive it 'til it broke, then fix it, then drive it, then fix it, then sell it to somebody else for $500.......

He was crazy like a fox. :thumb:

-S.S.-

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
narlus said:
skrd, do you re-use dental floss and toilet paper in your house?
That reminds me of a joke my Belgian friends used to say about the Dutch:

How do you make Dutch Tomato soup?
Pour hot water in an orange bowl.

Back on topic, buying used is the way to go.
My Chevy truck listed for $42, I bought it 3 years old for $25k which was below book. Factor in the business oriented monster-truck tax breaks and YOU suckas are paying me to drive it!