Quantcast

Finally some good news out of Detroit!

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Nice, they showed a profit...at what cost?

The earnings came despite an $800 million revenue drop. But Ford said it cut costs by $1 billion during the quarter, accomplished through layoffs in North America and Europe, reduced pension and retiree health care costs and improvements in productivity and product development.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Nice, they showed a profit...at what cost?

The earnings came despite an $800 million revenue drop. But Ford said it cut costs by $1 billion during the quarter, accomplished through layoffs in North America and Europe, reduced pension and retiree health care costs and improvements in productivity and product development.
C'mon, finish that quote:

The company reported overall revenue of $30.9 billion in the quarter, down $800 million from the same period a year ago due to a decrease in revenue at its Ford Credit unit.
Ford said that global auto sales rose $100 million from the third quarter of 2008, to $27.9 billion. It sold 1.23 million vehicles worldwide, up 5% from a year earlier, and its average net pricing also improved along with its sales volume. Auto revenue in North America soared by $2.9 billion, or 27%, to $13.7 billion.
Auto sales are up. How long that lasts without CFC remains to be seen, but I'd easily say that they're at least the best of the big 2.5.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I can't believe that place sold that cheap....sad to say a buddy and I wanted to try and get some investors to back us to try and open a cool family rec type center, and at that price the silverdome woulda been a great building to start from

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Come on... it's like getting served up in slow pitch softball.

And has been for 40 years.

:rofl:
:stupid:
we spent every thanksgiving at the dome watching the lions get stomped.

Sad to see that place sit empty for so long. Went to many a NFL game, supercross, state football championships and a super bowl at that place. Our superbowl seats were so high up were were above the cigarette smoke cloud. :rofl:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
You from the Motor City?
Until I fled three weeks out of high school ('87). Between my moms career at the Detroit Chamber of Commerce and the family's ties to the auto industry I saw the writing on the wall at a tender age.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I thought this was going to be about the Red Wings folding...
Folding the Blackhawks into little origami turds which will then be placed on Daly's stoop and lit on fire? Consider it done. Again.