Quantcast

Finally, THE answer to all of those how fast do I need to go questions!

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
I just saw the funniest product in MBUK. It's a device you stand at the top of a drop with and look at a point at the bottom. It tells you how far down it is, how far out, and how fast you need to go to hit it.

It's still in prototype stages but MBUK has been testing the proto and said it's amazingly accurate.

Just what all of those people who don't have the experience to judge a drop/gap need, a way to ensure confidence and speed them on their way to death.

I can see it now..."I don't know what happened, last thing I remember I looked down to check my speed on my bike computer and then I woke up in the hospital!".

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
were there any pics of it. dont see how it would help much since most people dont have comps on there bikes and why would you wanna be checking your speed right before you hit the drop. i think itd screw you up bad.

563 740

Chimp
Jul 23, 2002
North of Albany
Haha, I was bored in Dynamics class a couple years ago and programmed something similar into my calculator. By entering the vertical drop and horizontal gap, it'd tell you how fast you need to go and how long you'd be in the air. :p

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Originally posted by DHracer1067
were there any pics of it. dont see how it would help much since most people dont have comps on there bikes and why would you wanna be checking your speed right before you hit the drop. i think itd screw you up bad.
That's why I thought it was so funny. If you're ready to take a drop you should be able to estimate the speed fairly accurately in your head. They did show a pic but I don't have a scanner, it's huge right now, about 8"x8"x2" but they plan to have it down to the size of a digital camera when they're done.