Quantcast

Finally the Trek rebuild is done!

1TrackMind

Chimp
Jun 23, 2006
Vermont-Baltimore-Atlanta
Yes yes, the Trek 6000 rebuild Ive been doing is finally done.....most of the major components are replaced but some smaller ones are still going after 7 years:D

99 Trek 6000 frame (Red, Alpha Aluminum)

Top to bottom:

Icon 23 inch aluminum straight bars with matching bar ends
ODI Ruffian grips
Shimano Rapid Fire shifters
Delta 80mm Riser stem
Aheadset
04 Rock Shox Psylo XC 80-125mm
WTB Rocket V seat
Kool Stop brake pads
Bontrager Corvair 26inch rims
UN53 Bottom Bracket
Shimano M440 Crankset
Shimano Deore LX front/rear derailers
SRAM PG48 Chain
SRAM PG850 Cassette
Wellgo WAM M919 Clipless pedals
Diadora Chili MTB shoes

-So basically I took everything that was a slight negative to the Trek 6000 bike and upgraded to better and stronger components......lets see if i can get another 7 years out of this frame:thumbsup:

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
stunned that none of the trek hatah's pounced on you.

cool ride man, hope you DO get another 7 out of it...

<---certified trek whore here (but it probably doesnt have anything to do with the fact my friend owns a trek shop)...

edit
just noticed your seat is ALLLLLL the way back and you have an uber short stem
perhaps if you went with a longer stem you could move the seat forward some, or you might want to consider a tompson layback post?

just my $0.02...

1TrackMind

Chimp
Jun 23, 2006
ridetoofast said:
stunned that none of the trek hatah's pounced on you.

cool ride man, hope you DO get another 7 out of it...

<---certified trek whore here (but it probably doesnt have anything to do with the fact my friend owns a trek shop)...

edit
just noticed your seat is ALLLLLL the way back and you have an uber short stem
perhaps if you went with a longer stem you could move the seat forward some, or you might want to consider a tompson layback post?

just my $0.02...
Lol.....well I dont know about the new ones.....but why would you wanna hate on a late 90's Trek frame. Thats just not doing your research:rolleyes:

Actually....I did the seat and stem thing on purpose. Im of more of an All Mountain mentality...I mean I like to keep a fast pace, but im looking for hits and hills mainly. So the seat and stem combo is more of a weight transfer and handlebar control objective. Both which work well...its been trail tested a bunch before today....but I just put the fork on today which was the final touch.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Watch your seatpost with your seat that far back on the rails...The cheap Kalloy seatclamp heads are liable to break with the load being distributed funky like that.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Instead of moving the seat back, that bike looks like it could handle a longer stem.

PS I hate Trek, but my Mum said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. :D I sometimes listen.

1TrackMind

Chimp
Jun 23, 2006
blue said:
Most people on this board hate Trek, but it's a mid-level XC hardtail frame...not much to hate on there ;)
Very true. Why would you hate on Trek anyways....other than they are expensive sometimes. I would say Trek is definately a company with road and XC roots...i wouldnt buy a Trek for downhill.