Quantcast

Finally....

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
So now when I move in the next year I will still have a regional board....I'm going to have this forum hoping by then :D....D

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
You coming up soon? Weather is prime (although dry) cool days, but sunny...great for wearing some bodyarmour. When do you get here?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
not until next summer...I will have moved to Vancouver island by June '06 and I plan on taking at least a week up at whistler before I look for a job and settle in...D

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Cool, pm me when you are coming up. I can show you some sweet local rides :) I plan on staying in town as long as I possibly can haha

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
Roasted said:
...I guess this gives somewhere for alberta to post haha
Amen brother. YAY I have an official home - no more lurking in the PNW forum trying to pretend I'm cool when really I'm just a boot-wearing, cow-eating, snowmobile-riding redneck. Kay, I'm not really any of those things, but maybe now the other Alberta riders can come out of the woodwork:D

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
Roasted said:
Hahaha...damn I figured everyone in alberta was a wanna-be-texan :)..;) :P
Sad but true... especially outside the big(ish) cities. Fun times. That's why all good anticowboys/girls eventually migrate west;)
Just joking, it's really not that bad. We have pretty spectacular mountains too and some pretty kicka$$ riding to boot so I shouldn't complain. It's no Whistler, but I don't have to wait in lift lines either he he :p

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
mtnluvn said:
Sad but true... especially outside the big(ish) cities. Fun times. That's why all good anticowboys/girls eventually migrate west;)
Just joking, it's really not that bad. We have pretty spectacular mountains too and some pretty kicka$$ riding to boot so I shouldn't complain. It's no Whistler, but I don't have to wait in lift lines either he he :p
I am here for the work and 5 mountains surrounding my house. I could easily make fun of the yuppy h2 driving rich brats that own in town and don't live here hahaa

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
Roasted said:
I am here for the work and 5 mountains surrounding my house. I could easily make fun of the yuppy h2 driving rich brats that own in town and don't live here hahaa
I hear ya brother. It's the same thing in Canmore, but not quite to the same degree (yet!) :p At least there are mountains there though, so those H2 driving rich brats can at least pretend they use those wheels for what they were designed, as opposed to the rich oil brats here that never leave the city with them. But guess what, we're the ones laughing now - what are gas prices up to there now? 114 a litre sure makes my little pontiac piece of crap look better! Suckers.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
nice - where in victoria will you be living? do you have a job lined up?

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
23 degrees (74 yankee degrees) and relentlessly sunny today in Vic, not a cloud in the sky. Went for a spin after work around the seashore, nice breeze off the Pacific 50 feet away, the snow-capped Olympics looming just across the Juan de Fuca Strait. Normal spring day in paradise. If you get here by July 1, you can join the Hurricane Ridge assault. Last year we had 73 riders and bikes on the Blackball Ferry at 7:00 AM. Rolled into Port Angeles, then a neutral ride, sort of, to the ranger station. A group picture, then nothing but pain until you reach the ski chalet up in the alpine meadows. Sweet! We expect a lot more riders this year. You'll love this place whether you're a roadie or a dirtie or a trackie or all or none of the above.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
dump said:
nice - where in victoria will you be living? do you have a job lined up?

we will be staring out on Pender island with some family...and figure it out from there. My wife will get a job first and I'm headed back to school to finish my degree...so far that's as far as we have planned...although I think we will end up in Victoria once we settle in...D

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Great news... congratulations :) I hear there's some good riding up there ;) Are you looking forward to going back to school?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
dump said:
Great news... congratulations :) I hear there's some good riding up there ;) Are you looking forward to going back to school?
yeah I will be back on the bike next month so you will have to come up and visit. Definitely looking foward to getting back in school...I need to get my learn on;)...D

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Congrats on coming to the darkside. I eventually have to make it to the island. 5 Years in bc and I have only had the pleasure of visiting the mainland.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
I just spent the last 11 years in BC, 9 of which were on Vancouver Island. Make sure you get to Courtenay and Port Alberni for some fantastic riding.

Why you leaving California? I'd love to live there! BC is beautiful but I've had enough rain to last a lifetime.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Mocha said:
I just spent the last 11 years in BC, 9 of which were on Vancouver Island. Make sure you get to Courtenay and Port Alberni for some fantastic riding.

Why you leaving California? I'd love to live there! BC is beautiful but I've had enough rain to last a lifetime.
I'm just sick of California and the people in it. I've pretty much reached my limit dealing with the American mentality...D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Heath Sherratt said:
We're gonna miss you. It was good knowing you Donnie. Enjoi Canadia. Say Hi to Wendy. H
Hey you speak as if we're never going to see each other again :wave:

20 more days...this is a lot more involved that what I was told but we're getting it together...D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
dump said:
so you've arrived then?
yep been here about 5 days now. No internet or phone yet. I have to wait about 10 days. I also can't work for the 1st month until my papers clear. In the in between time I'm just working on my car and trying to rehab my leg/ankle. In the last 3 months everything that could go wrong has....but we finally made it. The link below is just one of the obstacles that tried to slow us down. I'll have more details soon...D

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148635

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
that's good to hear! Sorry about the bad luck... I'm glad you got it sorted. I hope you're enjoying the BC summer so far! Moving can be really taxing.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
well looks like my papers are going to take longer than I thought. The weather is perfect right now 27-34 with a slight breeze. I'm getting use to all the subtle differences but so far things are looking good...D

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You're going to get deported. You shouldn't have jumped the fence...

Let me know when you're headed back here to the Bay Area to look at all the Americans. We'll have a spare bedroom...

Or maybe I should just meet you in Whistler...

MD

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Loo I'm still learning my way around. When you get to Victoria drop me a line or give me a call....I'm going to try and make it out to Whistler and I should really suck since I haven't been back on my bike since November....D