Quantcast

Finally!

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I've got a real sponser well almost for sure. This shop that opened up about an hours drive from here. He builds custum frames he went to school in California for it and he's been building for a few years now so he's just started up this shop and he seem really interrested in having me race his bikes next year and get the word out about the company. He's really awsome cause he wants to help me do well at racing and stuff. He says that he won't pay me any money but he's think PRO deal type thing on everything and custum Ti and steel frames at cost. Plus he gets his frames painted by another company near here that makes road bikes the only reason they paint them for him is because he's friends with the owner but i get so many paint choices plus i getmy name on it. How cool is that?
Plus i finally decided to start using cycle-smart for training.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by JMAC
I've got a real sponser well almost for sure. This shop that opened up about an hours drive from here. He builds custum frames he went to school in California for it and he's been building for a few years now so he's just started up this shop and he seem really interrested in having me race his bikes next year and get the word out about the company. He's really awsome cause he wants to help me do well at racing and stuff. He says that he won't pay me any money but he's think PRO deal type thing on everything and custum Ti and steel frames at cost. Plus he gets his frames painted by another company near here that makes road bikes the only reason they paint them for him is because he's friends with the owner but i get so many paint choices plus i getmy name on it. How cool is that?
Plus i finally decided to start using cycle-smart for training.

that's awesome dude!!! good job, what's the name of the company first off? got any pics of em or anything or does the guy have a website. don't expect ANY frame company to give you any $$ until you are pro and even then that's gonna be rare.

have you contacted adam and/or john at cycle smart yet? those guys are great ppl you'll love em.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by indieboy
that's awesome dude!!! good job, what's the name of the company first off? got any pics of em or anything or does the guy have a website. don't expect ANY frame company to give you any $$ until you are pro and even then that's gonna be rare.

have you contacted adam and/or john at cycle smart yet? those guys are great ppl you'll love em.
I'm doing the level 4 program for now cause the other stuff is damned expensive. John handed me over to Ben who i was able to reach by phone yesterday which isn't good. But i think it will help me.

The company is super small and has just started and his website is really ready but here it is. http://dussaultcycles.com/

I loved the few frames he had when i was there they were just sexy steel HT and the paint jobs you can have done are awsome.
Best of all i'll be getting stuff at cost. His frames are unlrea how light they were all his steel frames were like 3 pounds or less and the Ti ones were under 3 i didn't think steel was able to be so light. I'm thinking of having a steel bike built up with the best tubing avalible or maybe Ti.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
I'm doing the level 4 program for now cause the other stuff is damned expensive. John handed me over to Ben who i was able to reach by phone yesterday which isn't good. But i think it will help me.

The company is super small and has just started and his website is really ready but here it is. http://dussaultcycles.com/

I loved the few frames he had when i was there they were just sexy steel HT and the paint jobs you can have done are awsome.
Best of all i'll be getting stuff at cost. His frames are unlrea how light they were all his steel frames were like 3 pounds or less and the Ti ones were under 3 i didn't think steel was able to be so light. I'm thinking of having a steel bike built up with the best tubing avalible or maybe Ti.
i don't believe his steel frames are under 3 lbs if he's that small of a builder. i'd believe more like mid 3's. and the Ti frames to be around the same weight, no way they are under 3 either unless he's weighing in on like 12" frames. none the less i'm sure his stuff is light but not THAT light!!!!

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by Heytouekutbenca
JMAC, paid for racing cadet? hahahhahahah! Even Raphaël Gagné doesn't deserve that! Hey, your frame bilder must have forgotten me! Why I don't have those sponsors... since I'm faster than you! :D
Dude you really are a loser french kid because you beat me by like 1 minute in 1 race every other race i beat you by like 20 places. Ya and that frame builder doesn't want to sponser arogant dumb asses like you. Also next year i'll be doing races all over Canada and the US which you won't because you're french and you never leave you little french quebec. Get a life. You don't get sponsered by being better than someone else it's more about your personality.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
i don't believe his steel frames are under 3 lbs if he's that small of a builder. i'd believe more like mid 3's. and the Ti frames to be around the same weight, no way they are under 3 either unless he's weighing in on like 12" frames. none the less i'm sure his stuff is light but not THAT light!!!!
Well ya it was like a med frame and it was like 3 pounds maybe less it was so light I almost through it when i picked it up.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Ouch... ANGER MANAGEMENT :rolleyes:

BTW, can't wait to see you at the quebec championship hihihihh
Well I was going to go but I can't even walk at the moment because my knee is killing me.
It's just kind of arogant to say you're faster than me because that was one day and one race that you beat me and the one and only time you've done that. I beat you loads of times but I don't go and say I'm faster than you HAHA thats why next year i'll be getting dealer price on bike stuff and you won't.
You seem to really care about beating me every race but I don't give **** if you beat me because you've been racing way longer and have way more experience this is my first year racing Quebec cups and i've only been doing the sport for almost 2 years and no sports before that so if you beat me thats great but who the hell cares but you all that means is that you beat someone who's less experienced than you and is new to riding thats not something to be proud of, next year you'll be kicking ass MAYBE.
You shouldn't just try and win each race I don't care that much about any perticular race cause i'm already planning for next year.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Well ya it was like a med frame and it was like 3 pounds maybe less it was so light I almost through it when i picked it up.
it may have felt that way but it wasn't trust me lol.......he could build a frame less then that w/ ultra foco tubing but if he's using that.....

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Well I was going to go but I can't even walk at the moment because my knee is killing me.
It's just kind of arogant to say you're faster than me because that was one day and one race that you beat me and the one and only time you've done that. I beat you loads of times but I don't go and say I'm faster than you HAHA thats why next year i'll be getting dealer price on bike stuff and you won't.
You seem to really care about beating me every race but I don't give **** if you beat me because you've been racing way longer and have way more experience this is my first year racing Quebec cups and i've only been doing the sport for almost 2 years and no sports before that so if you beat me thats great but who the hell cares but you all that means is that you beat someone who's less experienced than you and is new to riding thats not something to be proud of, next year you'll be kicking ass MAYBE.
You shouldn't just try and win each race I don't care that much about any perticular race cause i'm already planning for next year.
You need to fine tune that sense of humor G.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by Ridemonkey
You need to fine tune that sense of humor G.
That wasn't supposed to be funny but some french quebecers have a different sense of humor.:rolleyes:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
it may have felt that way but it wasn't trust me lol.......he could build a frame less then that w/ ultra foco tubing but if he's using that.....
Ok I didn't beleive it at first but when i get a frame I'll weigh it and see. What's ultra foco tubing anyway?
Also thanks for recommending Cycle-Smart those guys are really awsome!

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Ok I didn't beleive it at first but when i get a frame I'll weigh it and see. What's ultra foco tubing anyway?
Also thanks for recommending Cycle-Smart those guys are really awsome!

ultra foco tubing is the reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly thin walled steel that columbus is making. basically you could achieve a sub3 pound frame out of this material, however if you crashed on it well it's probably not going to survive a nasty impact. you could get a mid to lower 3 pound frame w/ foco, reylonds 853, and a bunch of other mixes of different grades of tubings from a number of different tubing manufacters but sub3 isn't feaseable w/ to many materials. espically after painting......

Please Indieboy be wise and don't play his game.

I'm feeling so dumb to reply your message, but I hate being insulted by someone I don't know.

And JMAC, if you don't love french quebecers go back where you're from, you are living in a officially unilingual (is that a word?) french province. Do you realize that you became mad because I said "I'm faster than you" joking (if you don't love my sense of humor at least stay calm). Now you're probably satisfied in front of you screen : "Look at me how I burn this french on the internet". And by the way, will you ever stop lying and exaggerate with no end. Maybe ridemonkey doesn't know you, but we still can see that.

Congratulations if you will race all over the Can and the USA... you've got a cool familly... but not quite the talent or even the potential. A 15th place finish on the Qc cup when you are on your second year cadet is not enough. I'd done 3 provincial races until today this year, all with mecanical problems. When I've beaten you by 1:42, I had little to no brakes... good job Brendan for being so close! I flatted at bromont and trashed a rotor, so I decided to go touring. At mt Ste-Anne, I flatted twice and runned near a lap... congratulations again for beating me. Today was the Qc championship, I finished 8th (third 15 y.o.)... could you beat that?

Also, I'm glad you found sponsors... you'll stop posting about "how bad you need sponsors" twice a week. I'm basically never replying to threads, I'm mostly reading message boards, but I hate when I always see your threads about your sponsors, your races, your heart beat or all kind of questions your good sense could have answered; it's like reading news twice.

JMAC if you found something agressive in this post... please stay calm (how many times I will have to repeat it), I didn't wanted to piss you off.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
No you don't piss me off Heytouekutbenca I was pissed off for another reason and shouldn't have taking it out on you. No I don't hate french people it was just a cheap way of dissing you. Anyways I do plan to leave Quebec and move to BC within a year or 2. I have met many more monkeys than you so to say ridemonkey doesn't know me is false.
Anyways 8th place is truely awsome and no I don't think I could have beating that. Congradulation! Of course I could be an ass and say well you were on a course that you know like the back of your hand but I won't because I know that isn't enough to do that well.
The only thing you said that is really honestly stupid is to comment on my potential or anyone elses. You could burn out in a year or two. You have been mountain biking for much longer than me and you were doing other sports like swimming which you competed in which no matter what you say makes a huge difference over someone who has only been riding bikes for almost 2 years now and no sports before that.
Anyways hope there's no hard feelings but just don't make any comments about potential to someone who's been riding for 2 years do you know any body whos been riding for an equal or less time who doing better than me? I didn't think so.

Please Indieboy be wise and don't play his game.

I'm feeling so dumb to reply your message, but I hate being insulted by someone I don't know.

And JMAC, if you don't love french quebecers go back where you're from, you are living in a officially unilingual (is that a word?) french province. Do you realize that you became mad because I said "I'm faster than you" joking (if you don't love my sense of humor at least stay calm). Now you're probably satisfied in front of you screen : "Look at me how I burn this french on the internet". And by the way, will you ever stop lying and exaggerate with no end. Maybe ridemonkey doesn't know you, but we still can see that.

Congratulations if you will race all over the Can and the USA... you've got a cool familly... but not quite the talent or even the potential. A 15th place finish on the Qc cup when you are on your second year cadet is not enough. I'd done 3 provincial races until today this year, all with mecanical problems. When I've beaten you by 1:42, I had little to no brakes... good job Brendan for being so close! I flatted at bromont and trashed a rotor, so I decided to go touring. At mt Ste-Anne, I flatted twice and runned near a lap... congratulations again for beating me. Today was the Qc championship, I finished 8th (third 15 y.o.)... could you beat that?

Also, I'm glad you found sponsors... you'll stop posting about "how bad you need sponsors" twice a week. I'm basically never replying to threads, I'm mostly reading message boards, but I hate when I always see your threads about your sponsors, your races, your heart beat or all kind of questions your good sense could have answered; it's like reading news twice.

JMAC if you found something agressive in this post... please stay calm (how many times I will have to repeat it), I didn't wanted to piss you off.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Glad everything came back in order... :)
Ya I just wish my stupid knee would go back in order I've been having to limp for almost a week and can't ride for more than 10min at a time. Atleast my stupid broken rist is getting back to normal.:) :(