Quantcast

***Fine, I'll do it. Wednesday GMT***

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Pretty much loving my new job. So fun, happy people all day long except for in our snowmobile sales department. Looks like they are going to pay me 5-10 hours a week WFH to help them develop and implement integration with local cycling advocacy groups (with a bump in pay). Couldn't be more stoked, really.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Pretty much loving my new job. So fun, happy people all day long except for in our snowmobile sales department. Looks like they are going to pay me 5-10 hours a week WFH to help them develop and implement integration with local cycling advocacy groups (with a bump in pay). Couldn't be more stoked, really.
REI sells snowmobiles ? Does @kidwoo know about this ?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Saga of shit fuck Subaru continues. It’s in another shop after first shop said they “fixed” the awd. Surprise, shop one didn’t fix a god damned thing. Nothing $1,800 can’t handle.
Oh and my Mrs had a deer run into the side of it. Debating driving to Chicago leaving the key in it and walking away. Fuck I hate that car.
You should have an "accidental" fire. You'll be better off.

And fuck Subaru.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My flight just got delayed two hours. :panic:

"Your inbound plane is on its way... arriving late because of a schedule disruption caused by an out-of-service aircraft.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My flight just got delayed two hours. :panic:

"Your inbound plane is on its way... arriving late because of a schedule disruption caused by an out-of-service aircraft.

The question is always where it goes out of service. At the gate or at the bottom of a crater.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Started working on some fancy pants rich guy's bar, turns out this shit is way easier to print money with than defense industry shenanigans. Not going to even bother quoting, just making up numbers that sound higher than Willie Nelson riding a giraffe. All brass to so machine time is basically zero.

I shall continue keeping the company afloat while what should be our most profitable section hemorrhages money.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Morning Monkeys.

Had computer issues this morning. Disable it, enable it, and it totally works. I love modern technology. :rofl:
I hear you on that one... yesterday my internet was super spotty, slowing to a trickle, dropping, taking forever to reconnect. so I called my ISP service desk, and they're like, "oh weird, your modem's acting all wonky. I can't connect to it to configure it. Go ahead and pick up a new one at one of our shops". Since I'm still 100% WFH, and I had a presentation to give today, I high-tailed it over to pick up a new modem. On the way out, I noticed two vans that looked like they could be sub-contractors for the ISP... when I get home I ask my wife to go check if they're working on the internet while I set up the new modem. and sure enough, they were... they were optimizing something or other because the service had been shitty for quite a while. They said the help desk folks should have known about them, and told us when we called in to complain...

First off: why the fuck wait for customers to call in to complain?! why not warn us in advance?! There's enough people wfh still that this could be a serious problem. #2, why the fuck didn't the service desk know about this?! I wasted a full 2.5 hours yesterday and had to work into the night to get my shit ready for today... bastards.

On the plus side, the internet seems to be faster and the modem/router seems to have a stronger signal. So in the long-run I guess that's a win?

Still... I hate those bastards. /coolstorybro

today my presentation went well. but I got a call from school saying my son with the broken arm in a cast fell and scraped his knee. they said it was really deep gouge, and wouldn't stop bleeding. I was like fuck, here we go again, another night at the hospital waiting for stitches. But it was bullshit. sure he had a deep scratch, but it's no gouge or anything... so he got himself an afternoon out of class on the computer. At least he's being quiet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Started working on some fancy pants rich guy's bar, turns out this shit is way easier to print money with than defense industry shenanigans. Not going to even bother quoting, just making up numbers that sound higher than Willie Nelson riding a giraffe. All brass to so machine time is basically zero.

I shall continue keeping the company afloat while what should be our most profitable section hemorrhages money.
i too have considered going into business fleecing the rich.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
today my presentation went well. but I got a call from school saying my son with the broken arm in a cast fell and scraped his knee. they said it was really deep gouge, and wouldn't stop bleeding. I was like fuck, here we go again, another night at the hospital waiting for stitches. But it was bullshit. sure he had a deep scratch, but it's no gouge or anything... so he got himself an afternoon out of class on the computer. At least he's being quiet.
Just a friendly reminder; non mountain bikers think the tiniest scrape is a deep, mortal wound worthy of immediate medical attention. What we pay no attention to brings their entire day to a grinding halt. Even on some of the youtube thru hiking videos I've watched, they devote an entire segment to what looks like thwacking a briar at speed. Hilarious...

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

A friend of mine got into the custom bar gig several years ago and makes ridiculous amounts of money. Live edge slabs are apparently very popular and can fetch hefty sums of cash.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
A friend of mine got into the custom bar gig several years ago and makes ridiculous amounts of money. Live edge slabs are apparently very popular and can fetch hefty sums of cash.
Can't fucking stand live edge tables, epoxy rivers are a whole other level of kill list, but they do pay extremely well.

This particular project is some shelf supports, the kitchen they're going in is at $250k and still ain't done. Bet nobody ever even cooks in it when it's done.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Can't fucking stand live edge tables, epoxy rivers are a whole other level of kill list, but they do pay extremely well.

This particular project is some shelf supports, the kitchen they're going in is at $250k and still ain't done. Bet nobody ever even cooks in it when it's done.

The boomeriest of boomers I know is tottally into epoxy river live edge tables.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

Yeah, I don't get the appeal myself either.

Now that's a shame. Bet their personal chef or caterer will dig it though. Please tell me it at least has a six burner Viking.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Yeah, I don't get the appeal myself either.

Now that's a shame. Bet their personal chef or caterer will dig it though. Please tell me it at least has a six burner Viking.
6 burners? They're not peasants. And Viking? psssh, that's for dirty peasants. Bertazzoni or GTFO.

Actually haven't seen the kitchen in question, and likely will never be allowed in it. Started as doing a favor for a friend who's a sub contractor on it, and snowballed severely when the designer caught wind of what we could do.

The boomeriest of boomers I know is tottally into epoxy river live edge tables.
I always think of hipsters, but boomer checks out. I'll bet many a discussion of people's bootstraps and how they ought to pull themselves up by them has happened at a $15k river table.

The best part is that they all crack, not an "if" but a "when".

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

what do you like then? I can't say I'm a huge fan, but if one were gifted to me, or I inherited one, I wouldn't throw it away, or even bother trying to sell it...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Lead a social NEMBA group ride, was good. Amazing evening for riding here. ~15 miles on dirt in the books.
Average HR still high, fuck covid.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
0D93B8A4-B77C-4272-955A-467069AA8106.jpeg

On to the next one. Watching the neighbors work/till their ground always makes me scratch my head. Even more so with diesel prices as they are.
Another 4 or so good days an should wrap up. And then back to regular scheduled bike riding.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
well, got a cushcore installed on a brand new dh tire, on the new dh wheel. seated with a floor pump even. no sealant, will check for leaks in the morning.

1652321155768.png

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
View attachment 176322

On to the next one. Watching the neighbors work/till their ground always makes me scratch my head. Even more so with diesel prices as they are.
Another 4 or so good days an should wrap up. And then back to regular scheduled bike riding.
Agreed. Around here alot of pear growers think discing the rows every spring grows the best pears. But it actually just ruins their top soil. Oh well.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Would you say that it's a 4 beer job?
nah. 1-2 honestly. but maybe a pit stop to ye old shed. it wasn't as bad as i was expecting. although to be fair the only other cushcore install i've done was with michelin dh34's (wire bead) on a mavic 823. that had me questioning life choices. but i didn't have to worry about messing up the tubeless tape.

edit: i'll also add that i had preinstalled the tires with tubes to break them in a bit before attempting the cc install. definitely made a difference in getting the tire mounted.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
How does one cook an engine?
Any number of ways actually. Generally too much fuel/too little airflow, which usually happens in low level wind shear or other sudden weather event. There are limits. Temp x time must = < manufacturer number. Sounds like this one was pretty short, so probably okay, but inspection is required.

In related news, the airplane they sent to be the rescue plane and to bring us parts and tools did the exact same thing, so now we're boroscoping two engines.

:dead: :dead: