Quantcast

>>> fine it's friday gmt <<<

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh. My frame has been sitting for two days in a brown Santa's warehouse 30 miles from here, and it is unclear whether they'll deliver it before the weekend. Slackers. :mad:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Ugh. My frame has been sitting for two days in a brown Santa's warehouse 30 miles from here, and it is unclear whether they'll deliver it before the weekend. Slackers. :mad:
Do you have appropriate boingers for the front and rear when it turns up?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Second year in a row of no Raystown on the May long weekend. Bummer - good and fun vibes down there and fun riding for our group of peoples.

Maybe next year?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wife is flying to NC for the weekend to visit family and I dropped her off at the airport early this morning. Her flight has been delayed an hour, which is obviously because Pesqueeb isn't doing his job. So after I dropped her off, I went to the pool for an hour. I've got a half marathon tomorrow and it's going to be a hot one.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Trying to decide where to ride after I'm done working. Somewhere new that I don't know how good it is? Or someplace I know, cause I know how good it is. Hmm.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
think i'm gonna take a half day today. got a bunch around the house to do since we're visiting family next weekend, and would also like to squeeze in a bike ride, maybe even DH if time allows.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
:wave:

Trying to decide where to ride after I'm done working. Somewhere new that I don't know how good it is? Or someplace I know, cause I know how good it is. Hmm.
If you were me, I'd say to ride the new thing. Because getting some S.T.R.A.N.G.E. is always a good time even when it's not that great. But since you're you, and have limited time to ride bikes, mayhaps the good known thing is mo'bettah.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
bike's been creaking so last night it got a full tear down, tightening, lube, and rebuild. Didn't go as far as bearings, but did everything else. Which means it'll probably sound even worse today, amirite?

now just have to do a sealant refresh in mah tahrs and the kiddo's tahrs.

lunch date with the wifebot, so that's cool.

otherwise, trying to get some writing done and getting ready to slide on into le weekend.

party on amigos.

Last edited:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
derp, posted in the wrong GMT

Well, the powers that be approved of our trail "corrections." We will be allowed to continue "fixing" the trail instead of them driving an excavator in to widen everything, so win, I guess. I know everything will grow in on either side of the ride line, but right now our trail looks like a fire road.

Dragging the rigid SS out tonight for the first time in maybe two years. Should be fun to see how sloppy I've become with the Yeti under me soaking up my poorly chosen lines.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Second year in a row of no Raystown on the May long weekend. Bummer - good and fun vibes down there and fun riding for our group of peoples.

Maybe next year?
It's slowly coming back together. There's a small event this weekend, but nothing like the Fest of past years, yet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
weekend to do list:

• fix laundy machine once parts delivered
  • fix spigot in front of house (need parts from Lowes)
  • add compost to garden
  • put bird net up on garden
  • finish garden gate
  • install garden irrigation system
  • install hitch on outback
gonna be busy! need to still make time for a bike ride. i foresee lots of espresso this weekend

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It's slowly coming back together. There's a small event this weekend, but nothing like the Fest of past years, yet.
Nice, sounds like a good start. Our group misses it - cheap camping, swimming and some fun trails that everyone can enjoy.

Sadly we can't really cross the border at the moment. :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Company has started sending out fake phishing emails to people and then maintains a dashboard for each employee on how many times you fall for it. It can see this working out well when people just stop responding to any emails. Because nothing drives change in this place like a dashboard with a red status no matter how dumb it is.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
She is near Gastonia, but she is with family who like to eat at shitty chain restaurants. She'd be all over that bbq if she could!
well there's plenty of those as well. but maybe they'll bust out for a special trip and go to the u.s. nat'l whitewater center with the rest of the sweaty masses!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Company has started sending out fake phishing emails to people and then maintains a dashboard for each employee on how many times you fall for it. It can see this working out well when people just stop responding to any emails. Because nothing drives change in this place like a dashboard with a red status no matter how dumb it is.
What's the remedy if you are particularly gullible? More training? Firing?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
She is near Gastonia, but she is with family who like to eat at shitty chain restaurants. She'd be all over that bbq if she could!
there is a fish camp across the street if the relatives are into that type of thing....

I don't fuck with fish camps...