Quantcast

Fine Young Cannibals!!!!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I actually thought he sounded more like a Nina Simone/Moby fusion then anything else. Cee-lo is cool.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
DaveW said:
HA!

He Co owns a 400 acre block of land in the Coromandles with my aunt.
they brought the place to stop it being taken over by developers. :)
It sounds amazing there. Next on the list is New Zealand.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
Wow gnarls barkley. The only song I've heard is that 'crazy' song. Has anyone listened to their other stuff? Is it worth a full cd purchase? Side note, I read something or was told by my buddy that they claim their name has no relationship to Charles Barkley. I don't buy it.

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
fuzzynutz said:
Wow gnarls barkley. The only song I've heard is that 'crazy' song. Has anyone listened to their other stuff? Is it worth a full cd purchase? Side note, I read something or was told by my buddy that they claim their name has no relationship to Charles Barkley. I don't buy it.
I am a cee-lo fan from back in the Goodie Mob days...but to be honest I dont see how the Gnarls Barkley thing got so hyped. Mouses production is hit or miss and Cee Lo is much more of a hook singer in my opinion...give him total control and things start getting a little weird :) Songs like in due time (outkast), etc...THATS what he does best.

The CD is ok, but I just think it was way way overhyped. Go figure though, a CD that brings together the backpack hip hop crowd with the hipster squad...