Quantcast

Fingerbang has been fingerbanged.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Mixed feelings about this one. The amount in his system was so small it wouldn't make a difference in competition, but it could be a trace amount left over from training. Zero tolerance when you're at the top, I guess. The retroactive ban is also a bit weird. So, you erase his results, but he was still able to race the races, get paid for appearances, etc., and now he can come back in 6 months.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
The amount in his system was so small it wouldn't make a difference in competition, but it could be a trace amount left over from training.

Probably trace amounts because it was from a transfusion.

There has been a further indication that experts may be looking beyond the contaminated meat theory in seeking to determine what caused Alberto Contador’s positive test for Clenbuterol in this year’s Tour de France. The rider has maintained he ate beef with trace amounts of the growth promoter, but a prominent newspaper has repeated claims that there are indications that he may have received a blood transfusion during the race.

The New York Times cites an un-named source as stating that a urine sample taken by the UCI on July 20th revealed levels of plasticizers eight times higher than the minimum amount thought to point towards doping.

If that is verified, it could indicate that the Spaniard received a transfusion of previously-extracted blood from a period in time, when, presumably, he would have also been taking Clenbuterol.
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5904/Blood-boosting-theory-gains-ground-in-Alberto-Contador-doping-case-plasticizer-levels-cited-again.aspx

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Probably trace amounts because it was from a transfusion.
It's interesting that, if I remember the recent news correctly, the CAS found that theory to be as (un)likely as the contaminated meat theory; they suggested that supplement contamination was the likely cause. Whether this represents a more balanced view or is a result of some ulterior motive, I don't know.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
t supplement contamination was the likely cause
Doh! His illegal supplement might have been contaminated and that contamination contributed to them finding it? If true that is hilarious.

Still amazes me that Armstrong did not get nailed for something all those years. Guess he was one step ahead and got out just in time.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Still amazes me that Armstrong did not get nailed for something all those years. Guess he was one step ahead and got out just in time.
they still have samples of his piss after all these years and still try and fvck him anyway they can.....but have still yet to find anything wrong with his wee.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
they still have samples of his piss after all these years and still try and fvck him anyway they can.....but have still yet to find anything wrong with his wee.
armsty had the $$ and the connections to ensure that even while doping, he's stay within the limits that would constitute a failure

:tinfoil:

The CAS/UCI/Contador wankfest that drew this out made it much harder on the sport than just getting a verdict from the get-go.

That said, it was likely residual Clen from a transfusion. Popular drug in the off-season/during aerobic base.