Quantcast

Finished er' up

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
It used to have a different build on it, with a RS Argyle and more MTB style things. The frame was put through some abuse and I ovalized the bottom of the headtube. BCD and I found a facer at the LBS and fixed that up, took off all my cable guides and my V-brake mounts.

Now it is solid. So freaking light now. Flat 180's shouldn't be so easy!

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
dandy candy cane.

the gold profile hub up front is a killer with the "gold" label, haha. Nice.
shoulda' dropped the fork disc post mount too while you were at it with the frame.

What's so hard about the tensioners? not lining up with the drop ends or what?
When I use tensioners (I've got a demolition), I usually only have one on the drive-side... and since you don't grind on the disc side, another tensioner there might just be redundant... and I thought it was a little odd how the 14mm slips more than a 10mm??

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
dandy candy cane.

What's so hard about the tensioners? not lining up with the drop ends or what?
When I use tensioners (I've got a demolition), I usually only have one on the drive-side... and since you don't grind on the disc side, another tensioner there might just be redundant... and I thought it was a little odd how the 14mm slips more than a 10mm??
My frame is originally a 10mm frame. I let BCD get ahold of it, and he ground them out to 14mm. Something isnt quiet right about it. But yes, the tensioners don't quiet line up with the drop out. But I have yet to really sit down and work on them. Tomorrow I will dial the whole thing in.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That looks awesome!

What's the bb and bar height (measure to center of grip tube) ? . I just put a 90mm pike on my hardtail and don't quite have the bar height dialed.

bcar

Chimp
Dec 3, 2007
135. looks like a Halo DJD to me.
thanks. I'm thinking about going to a 14mm on my steelhead but the hub options are pretty limited for 135 x 14mm rear disc hubs. I have a friend who owns a machine shop and can grind it out really precisely and shorten the CS length at the same time. very tempting....

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
thanks. I'm thinking about going to a 14mm on my steelhead but the hub options are pretty limited for 135 x 14mm rear disc hubs. I have a friend who owns a machine shop and can grind it out really precisely and shorten the CS length at the same time. very tempting....
I had an Eastern26 135mm X 14mm disc SS hub (w/ 1pc 11t driver) and it was SOLID. Built up a strong wheel, with wide and even flange spacing for more triangulation. Only problem was, if you have a super fat disc caliper, it can contact spokes if your set-up is funky.
I really liked it though and would recommend it. Price was nice too, at just over a hundo.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
take ride shots! dope ride.... not real sure on the chain...
The chain was just for fun. It was super cheap so if I break it, no love lost. I was just out riding and I'm still in the process of learned febles but I landed a few in a row. Then I ran over some glass and got a flat. I'm about to fix it and head back out.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
boo on flats! Is your axle mainly slipping when using the peg or is it slipping from disc forces?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
The chain was just for fun. It was super cheap so if I break it, no love lost. I was just out riding and I'm still in the process of learned febles but I landed a few in a row. Then I ran over some glass and got a flat. I'm about to fix it and head back out.
price ran over a unbroken florescent tube and flatted then......

broke h his chain! hahahahha nice sprocket/downtube grinds price!!!!!!!!!