Quantcast

Finished project bike - 08 Yeti 303

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
in that top pic your upper rail looks ano'd/pc'd... but then in the last one it doesn't? just the lighting?

Otherwise thats super pimp. I'm assuming the fork lowers and hubs were a custom job?

Do you spend as much time riding as you do getting a matching paintjob? Do you have a matching race kit too?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I hate it. God it's awful. ;)

You better be bringing that thing over for some real riding...

Last edited:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
serious? that bike is sick, im guessing your ridin world cups? not sure what flag that is, where are you from? i worked with a guy named jerzy before.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
You have one week from now to post a pic of it being ridden or of the bike muddy.

Your time starts now.

By the way, I tried rep'ing you for a hot bike, but I have to spread some love around first...

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
savage, that is some serious dedication to build and customise a bike to that extent!! I am impressed, congrats man, bike turned out sweet... :)

oh by the way I concur with your statement, save your neck, wear a leatt!!

May 6, 2004
Yayyyy!!!!!

Great fun to ride arent they?!
Yeah, 303 is great to ride. Thanks to Mojo UK people I have finally managed to get my Fox40s set up properly, TFTuned worked magic on my RS Vivid (no tuning, just properly set up for my weight and the bike frame). Together it made this 303 a superb bike.

I have taken this photo during the UK Yeti Tribemeet (check tribemeet vid at yeticycles.com) and these pics show how it looked after just one run in wet conditions. I must admit it still looks great even if dirty. I simply love how 303 handles. This bike needs now a better rider so I better start some serious training.

Damo, this year it is unlikely I can make it to the Alps, but the next year I hope to have some funds to do so. I will be doing Megavalanche next year and probably with my mate from Danemark this winter race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/05uBgnTAgp8&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/05uBgnTAgp8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I am most pleased with Formula the One brakes. Initially I felt they were not up to the task to stop me as a very heavy person, but after one run where they probably have bedded in, they worked great. Superb power, modulation, plus they look great.

Any updates on your Yeti 303?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Just got back from a racing the Rhone Alpes Championships down on Valloire. It was the steepest damn track! Fairly featureless (left, right, left, right...) and loose as hell. We went though 2 sets brake pads each. Awesome fun to race on though. I wouldn't go there for a day's riding, but racing it was so much fun.

However, I just can't seem to sort my suspension out. The forks are only getting half travel and they are diving. I also noticed a huge crack down around the pinchbolt area...

A note: keep an eye on all the bolts on the bike. They do work their way out. If you do a bike check before each ride (as you are supposed to do anyway), then it won't be an issue.

May 6, 2004
However, I just can't seem to sort my suspension out. The forks are only getting half travel and they are diving. I also noticed a huge crack down around the pinchbolt area...
It took me ages to dial mine. Initially they were spiking all the time, I was playing with different setting for a while, listening to advice of others but it did not work. However, during the first day of the UK Yeti Tribemeet Mojo guys spent some time trying to get them working and now it seems to me they are ok.

A note: keep an eye on all the bolts on the bike. They do work their way out
Yeah, I know. I have already lost one - one of two bolts that hold the rear wheel axle on the rear mech side. Any idea what size is it? I will need to buy a replacement.

Sorry to hear about Fox40. You may have over-tightened the pinch bolt or, alternatively, something has hit the forks causing the crack. Do you have any pictures of said crack?

Cheers

Ps. Any pics from the race?
Ps II. Fancy joining me and my mate for that winter race next year?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Yeah, I know. I have already lost one - one of two bolts that hold the rear wheel axle on the rear mech side. Any idea what size is it? I will need to buy a replacement.
The exact same one I lost. I think the bolts are too short and not enough thread was holding it in. I have just used a steerer topcap in place of with a longer bolt. The topcap basically works as a centering washer and works fine. I wish I had replaced the bolt with a longer one sooner, then I wouldn't have lost the origional. Interesting note: all the bolts on a 303 are titanium as stock.

Sorry to hear about Fox40. You may have over-tightened the pinch bolt or, alternatively, something has hit the forks causing the crack. Do you have any pictures of said crack?
Might be overtightening, but I'm usually careful. It's not a major concern and can wait till I see the Fox guy at the next WC.

Ps. Any pics from the race?
Not yet, but there are some and I'll post them up somewhere here when I get them...

Ps II. Fancy joining me and my mate for that winter race next year?
Snow riding is sweet! Let me know closer to the time.