Quantcast

Finito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
6,260
15
Glitter Gulch
I have officially completed my first semester of graduate school without killing anyone or developing a life threatening substance abuse problem. In two days I will be in jamaica lounging on the beach drinking fruity rum drinks and I can not wait. just wanted to share the joy with you guys.
 

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
4,821
0
Sleepy Hollar
Without substance abuse I wouldn't have a Phd. Try it. It's not so bad. Really, just try it. One drink never hurt anybody. Here, have another...
 

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
4,821
0
Sleepy Hollar
robdamanii said:
Congrats Laura. How many left to go?

She said she just finished the first semester of grad school. By my calculations she should have around 17 more to go. Somewhere around 9 semesters is where the real substance abuse starts.
 

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
10,681
0
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
jdschall said:
She said she just finished the first semester of grad school. By my calculations she should have around 17 more to go. Somewhere around 9 semesters is where the real substance abuse starts.
Hrm. Ours is 10 semesters, and the heavy drinking begins around 3rd semester and ends in the 7th.
 

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
4,821
0
Sleepy Hollar
robdamanii said:
Hrm. Ours is 10 semesters, and the heavy drinking begins around 3rd semester and ends in the 7th.
My theory of grad school (and many other things in life) is that it always takes twice as long as you think it will even when you take into account that it will take twice as long as you think it will.

Most of my drinking took place while finishing up my masters.
 

HOOWAH

Monkey
Sep 16, 2001
105
0
portland, maine USA
i'm just trying to finish my thesis up. no more classes. it's an insaneley long and hard process. especially with my advisor constantly throwing off topic work at me. ugh. i'll probably pop soon.

another month of writing in store i imagine

T
 

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
4,821
0
Sleepy Hollar
HOOWAH said:
i'm just trying to finish my thesis up. no more classes. it's an insaneley long and hard process. especially with my advisor constantly throwing off topic work at me. ugh. i'll probably pop soon.

another month of writing in store i imagine

T
Best of luck to you. When I was writing mine, we got a bunch of first year grad students that were totally clueless. They would ask inane questions non-stop. At some point I gave up and started doing all my work from home so nobody could bug me. I finished it up pretty quickly after that.
 

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
8,933
0
Montgomery county MD
laura said:
uh no. i can't deal with many more years of school.

Agreed! I'm not going to grad school, at least not yet. My girlfriend is going to grad school and then law school, she'll be doing enough school for both of us!
 

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
564
0
nashvegas
So no belgium, huh? Either way a vacation is well deserved. I am stoked to be halfway through my program, but I don't get the sun and beach that you do...so have a blast and congrats!
 

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
564
0
nashvegas
robdamanii said:
Enjoying your break are you? :mad:
I'm enjoying not spending all hours of the night studying neuroscience after spending 7-8 hours in class everyday. I have adult neuro next semester but heard is it much easier than what I just took. Much more practical applications.
 

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
6,260
15
Glitter Gulch
I Are Baboon said:
Congrats on surviving semester one, Laura. I think you should buy Fred a present, you know, just because.
he deserves one. lets just say school+work+laura=less that amiable wife for a semester.
 

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
7,596
0
Shut up and ride...
BigMike said:
Agreed! I'm not going to grad school, at least not yet. My girlfriend is going to grad school and then law school, she'll be doing enough school for both of us!
Mike, if I told ya once I done told you a hundred times...I AM NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND! :mumble:

:p :D

That is my exact plan. I graduate in a year with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Paralegal Studies. Then, U of R School of Law.

I know exactly what she's going through.....A boatload of work...

Get this, right now I'm the Vice President, and soon to be President of the Kappa Lambda Honor Society.....Who knew...:rolleyes: