Quantcast

Finn Hill: coming up again

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
s dub said:
haha yeah that was funny. now i know who you are! you used to come ride in full armor right? :)
Yah, full armor boy. That's me. You'll be wearing it too if your still huck'in when your 30+.

s dub said:
oh and by the way it's "whapm" not "wamp" .
I figured I would butcher the pronuciation :confused:, but I also know you would know what I was talking about.

s dub said:
Do I still ride there?
I ride there all the time. It's the only place close to where I live, and it's on my way home from work. I usually hit Finn Hill first to jump a little, then do a little XC exercise by riding down to Lake Washington and back up around Bastyr, where there is one more jump (by the water tower).

I used to hit the baseball field drop, but they tore that out too. :mad:

:think: Do you still hang with that guy that used to climb up the trees and piss off a limb whenever G-n-R was play'in on the radio?

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
S Dub,

Maybe I'll post on here one of these days, when I know I'll be a St Eds. Then maybe we'll catch each other and I can show you this double:

:mad: Can't figure out how to insert a picture...the link will have to do.

Attachments

s dub

Chimp
Nov 9, 2004
kenmore
oh i know that double hahaha i knew who the builders were too and they would have kept building but it turns out those are wetlands and theres a pretty hefty fine. :nope:

that guy who played guns n roses... did he have long black hair and rode a bmx? < never hung out with him really just happen to be riding at the same times... something about being arrested 11 times for public nudity keeps me away from him :think:

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
That explains why it looks like it hasn't been ridden for a couple seasons. I should probably stay out of there too. Gett'in pretty hard to find places to ride around here.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Gett'in pretty hard to find places to ride around here.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny. I can never ride all the places I want in a season. There's just too many.
I did a quick take and will try and hit 28 different places within an hour drive of the east side. There's more, but, I figured that would be enough.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
That's true enough, but I'm looking for places within 15 minutes of Lynnwood. It's the only way I can get riding in on the weekdays. St Eds and Boeing are pretty much it for me.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Well, someone flattened the dirt jump after the burm in Finn Hill, so now there really is nothing at St Eds worth riding. :angry:

I need to buy some property...

I need some money to buy some property...

s dub

Chimp
Nov 9, 2004
kenmore
Big B said:
That explains why it looks like it hasn't been ridden for a couple seasons. I should probably stay out of there too. Gett'in pretty hard to find places to ride around here.
its probably cool to ride it... just dont dig.

****, in my opinion it would be alright to dig cause theres no signs saying its a wetland and like 5 feet away across a concrete path is a non-wetland area. they cant really get you in trouble for a rule that theres no way to know exists.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
The dirt jump that used to run between the two ladders on the dirt hillside, right down the trail from the your old six packs. There is a small burm on the last half of the turn that helps maintain enough speed to clear the jump to transition on the hillside, rather than the flat spot.

Someone will fix it again, because all the dirt is still there. It just needs to rain a little first. It's just lame that someone ruined it. Somebody also skampered off with all the extra lumber that was lying around in the bushes.