Quantcast

Firday & Labor Day Weekend plans?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
So, I have been quite grouchy since I havent been able to get any quality riding in lately.

As a result I took Friday off, in addition to pretty much getting into a fight with my boss about some issues around Saturday.

Riding is a MUST this weekend. However I dont want to be away from home for the whole weekend.

Anyone riding or up for doing a quality ride Friday?
Windrock perhaps? (Loo is it open and a shuttle avail on Fri?)
Maybe before the race crowds at SS? (although it looks like the area has been getting pounded with rain as well.)

Thoughts?

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
If the weather hold out Swanson and I will be camping up around Murphy, NC and riding Telico Sunday and XC at Tsali on Monday. Maybe too far but great riding.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I was thinking about going to SS but if it's been pounded with rain all week I'll probably pass since I'm still injured. Wilson's is starting to sound like a great idea.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I will be tring to find a place to ride this Sat if the wife lets me. She is having Wrist surgery tomorrow and will need me to take car eof the lttle man most of the time. Will have to see if her father can help out any so I can get out. I would love to do Wilsons Sat and think Joe is down for it as well, but like I said its all up to the wife. By the way Sunday the USA Road Champs are in Greenville and we will be heading Downtown for all the fun and some Sunday drinking. Its a really big event!!!!! Lots of the companys come in and show off thier stuff.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I was thinking about going to SS but if it's been pounded with rain all week I'll probably pass since I'm still injured. Wilson's is starting to sound like a great idea.
Kenan,
Get your ass back up to Snowshoe and hop back on the horse.
Snowshoe's courses have been epic ever since the 3rd race last year.
Plus mentally, going to shred Snowshoe for 3 days would be the best thing to get over your injury.
Then go ride Wilson's next weekend.:biggrin:

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Looking good
Anyone up for something Friday?
Rob, I'm leaving Fla tommorrow, staying the night in Ga, then on to NC on Friday. I might be able to get a ride in somewhere. Saturday going to 26 West and then back towards Brevard or somewhere on Sunday. All weather permitting. Swanson told me to hook up with JonBoy at Wilson's but the guys I'm riding with are wimps about climbing. We may just shuttle Headley.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Swanson told me to hook up with JonBoy at Wilson's but the guys I'm riding with are wimps about climbing.:nopity: We may just shuttle Headley.

Ahhhhh, c'mon mang, you gotta climb to get to the REAL goods. I wont have my big bike after Saturday, if my bearing kit comes, Im taking it to Swanee after Saturday's ride. Maybe I'll see ya Friday.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Did I miss something? I climbed all that stuff at Wilsons we did the one day on a IH Sunday with road cassette. But, then again we didn't do some stuff...I think Raiders & Rasberry. I'd hardly call the routes we took climbing at all. It's tailored for lazy climbers.

Oh..and Kenan, I'm going to Snowshoe and I just got off the phone with Brad Stone. He said I should make sure to bring my hardtail to ride the new berm trail on Western Territory. He said it's virtually no brakes and all ****s and giggles. You can always take the sandy 'gina down it.

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
Offcamber if I don't go to Murphy I may see you up at 26 West on Saturday. Those trails should be ripe after all this rain, it was super dry this past weekend.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Did I miss something? I climbed all that stuff at Wilsons we did the one day on a IH Sunday with road cassette. But, then again we didn't do some stuff...I think Raiders & Rasberry. I'd hardly call the routes we took climbing at all. It's tailored for lazy climbers.
We didnt ride either of the trails you mentioned? We only did one climb that day. And no its not super tough or long, but I wouldnt say it was tailored for "lazy climbers". There are much bigger loops out that way, with alot of climbing, but also trails that are easy to access by shuttle. But the best ones you gotta climb to get to, in my opinion anyway.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
JonBoy... MikeFitz might be up for something as well. Let's figure something out.
Don. Where will you be Friday?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
We didnt ride either of the trails you mentioned? We only did one climb that day. And no its not super tough or long, but I wouldnt say it was tailored for "lazy climbers". There are much bigger loops out that way, with alot of climbing, but also trails that are easy to access by shuttle. But the best ones you gotta climb to get to, in my opinion anyway.
that's what I meant was that Rasberry & RAiders were the ones we didn't do. I didn't know if those are the ones with climbs. Sometimes when I type it reminds me of a sign on a crafts store in Lake Lure we once changed around at 2am. It said "Closed for winter. We're tired"

We made it say"Slow Closet Retard".

Sidenote: Apparently they really were gone all winter b/c we enjoyed our musing on that sign til spring.

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
JonBoy... MikeFitz might be up for something as well. Let's figure something out.
Don. Where will you be Friday?
I'm planning on leaving the Atlanta area Friday morning. It's probally a 4-5 hr. drive that will put me in the Asheville area. Rob I still have your # and Swanson gave me Jonboys. I'll call you guys tommorrow evening to see if we can hookup. After tonight I won't have access to internet until I get to Ga. tommorrow.

Basher, Swanson told me about the Murphy ride but I don't think the others I'm riding with are up to it. I know we did Rasberry and Headley last time with shuttles. I'm not sure what the middle trail was but still some pushing by the others.

rewster

Monkey
Feb 3, 2007
charlotte nc
snowshoe maing. weather report looks primo, and that place drains better than my mothers vagine. should be clutch. if you haven't been up there during a race weekend, it's def worth checking out; pretty cool scene.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
snowshoe maing. weather report looks primo, and that place drains better than my mothers vagine. should be clutch. if you haven't been up there during a race weekend, it's def worth checking out; pretty cool scene.
So what you're telling us, is that your mothers vagina is constantly sloppy and wet? :huh:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Alright so a few things came into play to keep me local Friday. However Saturday is looking prime for Wilsons, and who knows what else Sunday and or Monday.