Quantcast

Fire and Ice

splat

Nam I am
well maybe not in that order.
today we went up to Loon Mt. My wife had qualified for the finals of the Mt Dew Vertical Challenge. so up we went to do some snowboarding
wife on lift going up.

wifes Race Run, female 46-55 Snowboard. she would get third place and a Broonze medal.

Loon Mt has a small Steam Train that runs between the 2 Base area's always good for a Picture

Since now the sun stays out a lot later, and in the afternoon it was a really nice day. I grabbed my road bike and Left Loons Parking lot and got on the Kankamangus Hiway and Up to the Pass. 9 Miles of climbing , close to 2000 fett of altitude gain. ( Info here http://www.northeastcycling.com/Gap_Climbs.html )

into the Mountains I go.

the route follows the Pemigassett River , and here you can see a Hiking bridge ( bikes not allowed Boo Hisss )

splat

Nam I am

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
yeah thought I was going to need tights, and those were the only riding socks I had with me
I don't judge. I go out with a jacket, booties, hat and thicker gloves stuffed into my jersey sometimes. I also have a tendency to wear mid-calf wool socks while cycling, year round.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Bo Wants to ( and drag Andrew into it ) go over the cank, then cross over bear mt road to bartlet , take 302 over over crawford notch, to franconia and through franconia notch back to lincoln. a nice 100KM loop.
I did that ride - very cool. We didn't have a comp tho but I thought it was over 70mi? Delorme says it is 76mi with over 6200' of climbing. The bike path through Franconia was amazing! It was like mountain biking with all the downhill sweeping tight turns.

splat

Nam I am
I did that ride - very cool. We didn't have a comp tho but I thought it was over 70mi? Delorme says it is 76mi with over 6200' of climbing. The bike path through Franconia was amazing! It was like mountain biking with all the downhill sweeping tight turns.
it easily could be. being listed as a metric century just means it exceeds the 100km mark.

I know there is "addition" that goes to Bath that will bring it up to close to 100mi

skiierx

Chimp
Aug 23, 2007
Bo Wants to ( and drag Andrew into it ) go over the cank, then cross over bear mt road to bartlet , take 302 over over crawford notch, to franconia and through franconia notch back to lincoln. a nice 100KM loop.
Remember Bear Notch is not open till May 1st!

Very nice ride, I too am interested in doing the climb up the Kanc from Lincoln.

dirtrider2

Chimp
Jan 22, 2006
nam bomber
Watch out for Andrew. Word is he doesn't need a jet pack 'cause it'd just slow him down!

Dave