Quantcast

>>>Fire roasting Monday<<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
the mountains are still burning, it's 66 at 0330 and it will be in the 100s this afternoon.
and I don't have enough beer in the fridge for this afternoon

Good espresso this morning though. welp off to take my peoples to Dialysis

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
bought a ticket to see a band i never really listened to....never....ever....

circle jerks....

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Having stiches removed tomorrow. Riding with them covered by a blister-bandage, get real sensitive afterward. Is on my forearm, don't want to see a nasty scar each and every time I glance at my watch.
At least riding has been had. Smashed the large toe on my right foot end of April into three pieces. Left hospital and the blood blister burst waiting for a flight at the airport.
Going to cook a cheeseburger later.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Studying, working in garage, need to figure out what I headset I need for Haley's bike, and walk/bike ride wit Hannah today.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Headed back to Denver. Working 5-10 PM from my fancy home workstation.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Surprise....it's raining! Oh well....I will probably go into school and work on resetting my classroom (again). We had planned on hitting the local amusement park but not sure I want to stand around in the rain. More coffee either way.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:dead:

Got home with bébé yesterday, which meant it was the perfect opportunity for our dogs to get into a scuffle beforehand. So I ended up having to take one to the vet after to get cleaned up.

Anyway, got a whole 30 minutes of sleep. Tried to let the wife rest and was mildly successful. Luckily MIL took over around 8 am so I got 4 hours. Should suffice until tomorrow.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
First night with no painkillers. Still going strong this afternoon. I can mostly feel it in my ribs and shoulder. But I wouldn't call it pain. Not sure what I'm going to do with that mountain of leftover morphine pills though...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i just had a 6 hour nap....

dead sleep....no dreams....no wake up...take a piss...go back to sleep...

i could cry....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So with this back brace, I'm going to need some pants that I can slip on, i e sweatpants. Why is it so f****** hard to find 100% cotton sweatpants? I am coming up blank online!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bike ride w Hannah and Haley. Aka running with Hannah while they rode bikes. Hannah is easily distracted and we need her to learn brakes.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Thinking about going down the completely scraped/blacked out look for muh bike, a little example, what do you think?

D084AF27-B5B1-4E89-84CA-5A98DF849C15.jpeg

Vs.
84144592-3A15-46E5-971A-27CAF06CAF64.jpeg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Thinking about going down the completely scraped/blacked out look for muh bike, a little example, what do you think?

View attachment 164497
Vs.
View attachment 164498
the best thing you could do to simplify your bike is to remove the battery powered part at the bottom...:D

grabbed some apples in the hills before we headed home. trying to get the socially anxious 16yo to do his homework where he has to express his opinions/response to his summer reading is stressful. think i need to take the guy to talk to someone other than me about his shit, because it seems to be verging on debilitating. have kids they said...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm a fan of black. it's just so simple. Did you photoshop that out?

I'm here. Fuckin' around with the fam for most of the day. Trying to keep my fish alive...so far I've spent upwards of $60 on medicine for the little fucker's I spent $8 for....and they've still all died. What a stupid hobby :D

Bled the brakes on the alfa this morning. Was a surprising success. Getting the wheels off was one of the hardest bits- the fronts were rusted/stuck and required many whacks with a dead blow....hopefully I didn't knock them out of balance, but it doesn't feel like it. I got the whole thing done, went for a spin, then noticed a little puddle in the garage. uhoh! I had left one of the bleeders slightly too loose. Fuck. Tightened up, wiped down, hosed down, back together and now it's fine. I can't believe the car didn't yell at me for such stupidity.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
the best thing you could do to simplify your bike is to remove the battery powered part at the bottom...:D
Voila.
8F9F453C-2C3E-482B-A193-D410B88C40C6.jpeg

But this is the bit that makes it so much fun!

More seriously I have just bought some dielectric grease and on Sunday reassembled it with that shit packed through all the exposed electricals. I haven’t actually had a problem with that except after a lazy powerhosing once, but it makes me feel a lot better. Recommended for all you non-luddites.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I'm a fan of black. it's just so simple. Did you photoshop that out?
Yeah I like it too… Might be some serious Cerakoting time in the future…

Not photoshopped, just the ‘markup’ feature on the iPhone photos. You can pick colours from the photo and apply with various brushes, literally a 2 min job.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Just ordered two Manually inflatable Onyx M24 PFDs. They were on sale for $99 each ( normally $129). Perfect for fishing and flatwater paddling in hot weather. Rougher conditions I will still take out my NRS Chinook

went for the manual vs automatic as they tend to fire off if you get splashed by chop or boat wakes

Attachments

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Voila.
View attachment 164500

But this is the bit that makes it so much fun!

More seriously I have just bought some dielectric grease and on Sunday reassembled it with that shit packed through all the exposed electricals. I haven’t actually had a problem with that except after a lazy powerhosing once, but it makes me feel a lot better. Recommended for all you non-luddites.
You should upgrade to EP8 and tell me how to do it/what's necessary.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Actually rode an E-bike yesterday. Riding buddy brought an e-biking friend (he has muscular dystrophy so has a reason other than being lazy)

Took a quick spin on a short trail. When asked if I was a convert gave a hard nope. I did recommend he upgrade to some burlier tires more appropriate for the terrain we were riding.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I guess it was 100 degrees and there was a big Larry Elder rally in Thousand Oaks, glad I was in a pool in Beulton where it was only 90 degrees and the lemonade was at least 50% whiskey.

Kiddo also rode his strider solo for the first time today, that was rad!

So with this back brace, I'm going to need some pants that I can slip on, i e sweatpants. Why is it so f****** hard to find 100% cotton sweatpants? I am coming up blank online!
Why no Adidas track suit?

You’ve already got enough pills to become a midlevel drug dealer, may as well look the part