Quantcast

firefox crashes

nmr8

Monkey
Apr 6, 2007
anyone having problems with firefox crashing? i updated a while ago and since then opening pages on the forum crashes firefox about 1/10 times. running 2.0.0.9

nmr8

Monkey
Apr 6, 2007
i think it's something about the plugins loaded with certain ads, but that's as far as i've speculated

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
after giving rep, my direction/page keys have no use until i change tabs w/ my mouse

FF: 5.0

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Have you tried just clicking in a blank area the middle of the thread? The rep popup steals your focus so you'll need to click in the thread somewhere to regain it.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
just gave you rep (need to spread anyway) & the only thing that gets focus back w/o leaving the tab is pressing 'tab'. adding to the oddity, i'm typing w/ an invisible cursor.

i'm calling this "the firefox stranger"

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Well, hitting the Tab button makes sense since it jumps your focus from whatever it was on, to the next active spot on the page... so it'll jump from the (now gone) popup window to ... well, probably the "Report" button but regardless, it'll be back on the page.

What the hell is Firefox 5.0?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Well, hitting the Tab button makes sense since it jumps your focus from whatever it was on, to the next active spot on the page... so it'll jump from the (now gone) popup window to ... well, probably the "Report" button but regardless, it'll be back on the page.
but it still doesn't explain why i have to use my mouse & scroll bar to nav around the page (again, b/c up/down & page up/page down keys are useless).
What the hell is Firefox 5.0?
something that given enough RM credits i expect you to fix!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Have you tried clicking more than once in the page? I'm wondering if there's a bug that leaves the new layer opened up for the popup window on your page, and exiting the page fixes it.

Are you talking about some variety of Mozilla core 5.0 or was it a typo for Firefox 2.0?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Have you tried clicking more than once in the page? I'm wondering if there's a bug that leaves the new layer opened up for the popup window on your page, and exiting the page fixes it.
yeah, i can double-click to select, and all other manner of mouse related events are well received. curious: what handles 'give rep.'? js? vb?
Are you talking about some variety of Mozilla core 5.0 or was it a typo for Firefox 2.0?
oh, right: 2.0.
i do the same when talking sparc vs. solaris

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It's part of the AJAX functions of vBulletin. They're all done in JavaScript.

I meant double clicking in the middle of the page somewhere to cause your up/down/pageup/pagedown keys to start working again. Your cursor is getting placed off the page somewhere, which is why those functions stopped working, so double clicking might get it back on the active page.