Quantcast

Firefox help

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I've come from IE to FF and want to customise the tabs, but can't figure it out.:redface:

I have my bookmarks toolbar set up with some 'favourites'. What I want to happen is when I click on a 'favourite' it opens it in new tab. Makes sense?

What is happening now, is when I click on a tab, it opens it in the existing open window. I don't want that. IE can do it, so I'm sure FF can too.

Cheers.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Try Safari.
You can put your favorite bookmarks on a bookmark bar for easier nav.
I prefer safari of FF.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I've come from IE to FF and want to customise the tabs, but can't figure it out.:redface:

I have my bookmarks toolbar set up with some 'favourites'. What I want to happen is when I click on a 'favourite' it opens it in new tab. Makes sense?

What is happening now, is when I click on a tab, it opens it in the existing open window. I don't want that. IE can do it, so I'm sure FF can too.

Cheers.

Tools > Options > Tabs. Make sure the "a new tab" option is selected. You may also want to select the "switch to it immediately" option when new tabs are openend.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I also have 3.0.5.

My screenshot would look the same as yours, with the same boxes checked and all.

I have managed to get around it by holding the Apple button down when clicking a tab. This will open it in a new tab. Right clicking and selecting 'open in new tab' also works.

With IE you could set up your preferences to just open in a new tab automatically with a single click.

FireFox does advertise itself as 'the most customisable browser'....