Quantcast

Firefox Issue - "this document contains no data"

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I get this message popping up constantly when I use Firefox to view Ridemonkey.com and it is annoying as hell.

Does this happen to other people and if so, is there a fix for it?? :help:

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
It's the firefox way of saying "I can't find the site homie." The request probably bounced at one of the routers, or you're having internet connectivity issues. Typically a "reload" will take care of it, unless you're having connectivity problems.

bikebabe

Monkey
Jul 31, 2002
Maryland
Nope...I'm using firefox right now and it works fine to view ridemonkey. I have had problems with Mozilla/Firefox before on other pages but it was because I set my security settings too high, blocked cookies/images, etc.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
yea, I get it occasionally. Seems to be no real pattern to it. I assumed it had more to do with the advertising that actually RM, but that's just a guess.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
it's just annoying because it makes the web page pop up on my screen immediately - so if I'm typing etc. that gets cut off.

I love Firefox, but this is anoying as all get out and today I'm using IE to view the monkey and so far no troubles.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I use Firefox exclusively at home to view Ridemonkey and while I've seen that message before, I'm not sure if it's ever been for Ridemonkey and certainly it hasn't been frequent enough to constitute an annoyance.

Are you running the latest version of Firefox? Any security settings out of the ordinary? Ad blockers perhaps?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
binary visions said:
I use Firefox exclusively at home to view Ridemonkey and while I've seen that message before, I'm not sure if it's ever been for Ridemonkey and certainly it hasn't been frequent enough to constitute an annoyance.

Are you running the latest version of Firefox? Any security settings out of the ordinary? Ad blockers perhaps?
I dunno - can you do a screen capture of how you have your's set up?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MMcG said:
I dunno - can you do a screen capture of how you have your's set up?
I'm not at home, so I can't give you a screenshot... I'm running whatever the latest download is off Firefox's homepage (you can check), with all default settings. Did you specify any security settings or install any add-on extensions for it?

J

JRB

I get it on my notebook and at home, Mark. It will just pop up on the notebook after the page looks like it has loaded. I don't sweat it too much though.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I've gotten it once in a while on Firefox before on random sites and while it is semiannoying I just hit enter and the site usually pops up, or just refresh and no problems. Seems quite random.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I get that occasionally, too. I assumed it was something to do with Firefox and the ads, not RM itself...

stinky|Dan

Monkey
Aug 3, 2002
Jeez, i was hoping for a solution to this issue. It happens to me evey time i try and view ridemonkey using firefox (latest version). It also happens with a lot of sites with pop-ups and such. Going to have to persevere because it so much nicer than any other browsers i've used.

Dan

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
It happens once in awhile to me, but not so often it's a major problem. It has been logged as an issue with the developers. you might want to relay your issues to them, so they know multiple people are experiencing the same problem. Information Linky

It never happened to me prior to the official release v1.0, so if it gets out of hand on your PC, you might try going back to the previous release.