Quantcast

Firefox users....HELP!

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
When using Firefox I cannot use the smilies, bold, underline, etc., features when posting. Why? Is there an extension that I need to install?

Also, the popup blocker sucks. Is there an extension to help?

Thanks!

jeb4

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
i have the same problem and i hear from friend that i need to disconnect this thing (on red in picture) and everything now is working..

go to "tools" than "options" and than "web features"

pic:

ps.i have another problem with firefox----why i cant use copy/paste everywhere i mean with opera 8 everything is working perfectly-...???

thx

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
If you haven't already do a search for firefox tweaks and you'll find a load of stuff. I found a script that blocks nearly every advertisement on the internet, there are some pages that are so choked with advertisements that all that loads is a couple lines of text, you'll think it's annoying at first but give it some time and it will grow on you.

If you haven't already optomized it for speed you should do it, without the tweaks firefox is incredibly slow, after tweaking, it's actually a little faster than IE.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Downhiller said:
i have the same problem and i hear from friend that i need to disconnect this thing (on red in picture) and everything now is working..

go to "tools" than "options" and than "web features"

pic:

ps.i have another problem with firefox----why i cant use copy/paste everywhere i mean with opera 8 everything is working perfectly-...???

thx
OK. I checked and this box was already unchecked, so I checked it and things worked. For the heck of it, I unchecked it and things still worked.

:confused: