Quantcast

firefox vulnerability

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
click on the link in my sig; i think the site uses javascript. see if you can access any particular photo w/o using javascript.

Cool pics. They look especially good in my un-secure browser.

:biggrin:

Aug 31, 2006
click on the link in my sig; i think the site uses javascript. see if you can access any particular photo w/o using javascript.
He's saying that people should use a script-blocker and only activate it manually for selected sites.

And I completely agree.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well i just tested this, and i can't view my photos when the 'enable javascript' box is unticked (via Tools > Options > Content), and i didn't see a setting which would allow selective website java activation. i'm running firefox, 1.5.0.7

Aug 31, 2006
well i just tested this, and i can't view my photos when the 'enable javascript' box is unticked (via Tools > Options > Content), and i didn't see a setting which would allow selective website java activation. i'm running firefox, 1.5.0.7
it's an extension that -SS- is very fond of.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
seems like the noscript extension is too much of a pain in the ass...or maybe i just visit too many websites which require javascripts to work properly (like flickr, zenfolio, myspace, and others).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
seems like the noscript extension is too much of a pain in the ass...or maybe i just visit too many websites which require javascripts to work properly (like flickr, zenfolio, myspace, and others).
You can allow the frequented sites to run the scripts - it keeps them in a "history." You don't have to allow them every time you visit a site.

What I like is that you can allow a main site and the disallow the advert domains. Cuts down on the useless crap immensely.