back country. It is an honor, and it has long been a dream of mine to
one day return a "national" to this area. We at SG Production will
not be able to do this alone, it will take a huge amount of volunteer
support, more than ever before, from the local community to pull this
off. In other words, we'll need a lot of help. The date of the
NMBS#2 The 8th Annual Firestone SYV Classic presented by Platinum
Performance is April 27 - 29, 2007.

Stay tuned as we need to update all our event info on www.ridesb.com,
we hope to have this all accomplished in short order.

Enjoy the ride,

Mike Hecker - Owner & Event Director
SG Productions
www.ridesb.com

:lighten: :lighten: :lighten:

This is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Wow, didn't see that one coming. Are you going to be able to build a 4x course by then? What about the DH track? I think the location is killer, hopefully the tracks will be too.

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Look, let me give you all the low down.

NMBS#1 NOVA
Sea Otter
NMBS #2 Firestone Santa Ynez Valley Classic presented by Platinum Performance
NMBS#3 Fontana

Inferion is still happening only without the NMBS the first weekend in July.

@ NMBS #2 Firestone, only the Kenda XC and STXC are NMBS point races. The Chamberlin Ranch DH is AMBC and USAC Nat Gravity Calendar (don't worry I know that it is short, so it is not part of the NMBS stop) :poster_oops:

We still will have an Endurance XC and are trying to design a Super D. No plans for the 4x here, it's been moved to Angel Fire, NM, go to www.mtbnationals.com for info.

The beer garden and BBQ are still a go!

Sports Base Online reg is up and going. We are in the process of re-working and adjusting many schedule aspects of the weekend, so the info on www.ridesb.com/firestone.htm so while you can go there now to get info, it may change in the coming days.

Some exciting new changes besides being added to the most prestigious mountain bike race series in the history of the sport, is that we have built a whole new main race staging and expo area near the bottom of the DH course, and that we continue to build MORE AWESOME SINGLETRACK out at Chamberlin ranch!

The course will still be around 15 miles in length, but I think that Experts, Semi-Pros and Pros will do 3 laps this year. So train everyone.

Hope that you all can make it to my party!

Mike Hecker - Promoter (current racer in Ex Men 35-39 too!)
2007 NMBS #2 Firestone Santa Ynez Valley Classic presented by Platinum Performance
April 27 - 29, 2007
www.ridesb.com/firestone.htm

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Yep G-Man your correct, there will be BBQ Tri-Tip and drinks for all who attend the trail work PARTY this Sunday the 11th.

Fast(er) Hecky :busted:

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Olla Tri County MTBers!

This Sunday out at the Ted Chamberlin Ranch In Los Olivos, the location of the Firestone SYV Classic presented by Platinum Performance, we will be having a Trail Work Barbeque, and your all invited! Yes the FSYVpbPP is a NATIONAL.

The deal is that we will arrive at 8 AM and attack a few locations that need to be completed from 8:30 to 12:30, break for lunch, then ride the courses in the afternoon. The menu will consist of Tri Tip sandwiches, soda, Firestone and some sort of salad.

Now this is important, please read the info on the new entrance: Our old entrance (Foxen Cyn Gate) is closed forever. Our new entrance is off of Zaca Station Road 1.2 miles north of Hwy 154. It’s the FIRST rusted steel gate on your right that has a cattle guard, it will either be open or dummy locked. Turn right through the gate then follow the well worn dirt road to the left across the large meadow to the new parking area. Meet up with me and we’ll get everyone on to the trails from there. Please try to be there at 8:15 at the latest.

WE REALLY NEED YOUR HELP! Please bring what ever digging tools that you have.

Please RSVP so I can get a head count and buy the right amount of food.

Thanks in advance. Oh hey, please bring the family if you want. :lighten:

Enjoy the ride,

Mike Hecker – Owner & Event Director :wait:
NMBS #2 The 8th Annual Firestone Santa Ynez Valley Classic presented by Platinum Performance
Stump Grinder Production
www.ridesb.com
220 Arden Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
(805) 896-0673

m-dub

Chimp
Aug 10, 2006
Hey Mike,
I worked on the DH course this weekend and didn't notice any super -D course? Is it still a go and if so were. Seamed to be a good turn out sorry I couln't stay for the grub, family duties. Marshall

m-dub

Chimp
Aug 10, 2006
I just got a e-mail from Mike H and he said it is the new DH section that they used for the expert XC last year + some. Should be around 10min long. I have riddin it and its a fun , some tight,some fast. So come out and support a great event!

dwnhiller

Chimp
Apr 26, 2006
I just got a e-mail from Mike H and he said it is the new DH section that they used for the expert XC last year + some. Should be around 10min long. I have riddin it and its a fun , some tight,some fast. So come out and support a great event!
what? 10 minute downhill at firestone. my ass

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Hey Mike,
I worked on the DH course this weekend and didn't notice any super -D course? Is it still a go and if so were. Seamed to be a good turn out sorry I couln't stay for the grub, family duties. Marshall
Thanks M-Dub, yep I'd say it was a great turn out ... must have been the promise of medium rare cow sandwiches :clapping:

I understand the fam duties

m-dub

Chimp
Aug 10, 2006
what? 10 minute downhill at firestone. my ass
dwnhiller,
Super D is a endurance DH 10-30min (places like Downievill are 40+min). Like Mike said DH with pedaling. Its really a class for trail bikes. You bomb a DH run and then climb or pedal a section. Sometimes mass start or DH interval style. Its cool to see people pic their wepon. Smoke it on the DH on your big rig and suffer on the climb/pedal section, Or sketch on your XCride and rip the pedal section. ITs a good mix of DH and XC. Its OG stlye, run what ya brung:)