Quantcast

Firestone Race, who's going?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Yeah yeah stupid question, but was just curious what :dancing:'s are going?

You guys camping at the Firestone place or Lake Cachuma? Or a Buellton hotel?

Just curious :)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
It's a DH and XC race 45min. outside SB in Los Olivos off the 154. The DH course is Sea Otter style without the long lines and hype. It's a 1:20-2:00 course w/ 2 runs. The XC course is epic, some of you may want to try it. Last year it was my first race and I had a blast. I skipped the DH to ride the XC. Fire roads, singletrack, creek crossing, ect. It was what XC should be (minus the riders that sprint into the turns and then skid and go 1 MPH in the turns). They even made the Expert/SP/Pro riders ride the DH course.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I heard xc riders got hurt on the DH course last year. I think those crashes could have happened anywhere else. You can go around all the big lines. This year, the xc course goes around the top of the dh start and decends around the hill across the canyon. I rode the course and it's fun.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Last year, you were able to practice on Friday before the race. You had to shuttle yorself or walk/climb, but it wasn't a big deal.

The wind was so bad that day.

Bacardi

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
Santa Barbara, CA
There will be prizes for Top 3 in most categories. That makes it worth it in my mind, at least you have something to shoot for.

I won a truvativ messenger bag last year, someone else got a new Vigor helmet, rockgardn pads, jersey etc. How many other races offer items worth $30-$100 ?

The course is short, but smooth and fast. No hype like said above, no smog, and nice scenery. You know you love that Huge 120' berm after the drop -- its a rush...

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'll be there. The DH race is on my B-day, It should be a good time.

be-radd

Chimp
May 31, 2004
O-town
ill be there racing dh and maybe the xc if i feel so inclined, i live in solvang and i have some floor/couch room at my place for any monkeys from out of town.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I'll be there racing DH for the 2nd time. I think the entry fee is well worth it, you actually get prizes for getting on the podium. I'll probably be staying at the Motel 6 nearby.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Did you go last year? So far, it's the same except for the bottom. Instead of the last step down, there is a big berm that goes left. You go accross the hill and come down at the end of the hill. I think some tabletops or something will be built there.

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
bicycleman said:
is this a DH race also where is Firestone at
Go to www.ridesb.com/firestone.htm to get all the info on the 3rd Annual AMBC "R" Country Market Chamberlin Ranch Downhill on Saturday April 29th and the 7th Annual AMBC/CA State Series Firestone Walker Cross Country.

This event is a qualifyer for the one day national championship in Snowmass, CO, in the XC and the DH!

Again you can get all the info at www.ridesb.com/firestone.htm!

See you there!

Hecktone :clue: