Quantcast

Firestone Walker 1 week after Sea Otter ...

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
I just wanted to let you know that the 6th Annual Firestone Walker MTB Weekend is taking place on April 22nd – 24th 2005. That is a week after Sea Otter! Again our fine event is being held at the outstanding Firestone Vineyard and the Ted Chamberlin Cattle Ranch in the Santa Ynez Valley, and is part of both the American Mountain Bike Challenge Series and the California State Championship Series! Expect all the great festivities to continue as well!

The weekend starts on Friday the 22nd when we open the venue for early bird late registration, packet pick up and course pre-riding. Camping is available Friday night as well.

Saturday the Venue opens at 7 AM with registration and course pre-riding, racing includes Short Track XC right there at the meadow, and then at 1 PM is the 2nd running of the Chamberlin Ranch AMBC Downhill! All the DH racers should be extremely grateful that the powers that be saw a need to allow the Downhill to continue, as this portion of the weekend was dropped at one point and only recently was given a second lease on life. SO ALL YOU DOWNHILLERS SHOW UP OK? Please while at the race let Mr. Chamberlin (he has a beard and could be on an ATV), Mr. Firestone and Mr. Walker know of your gratitude and appreciation of the DH being allowed to continue. Saturday night join us for the Pasta Feed Dinner and enjoy some live music at the Firestone Walker Brewery in Buellton.

Sunday it all continues with the AMBC/CA State Series XC, the awesome BBQ lunch, live music, Firestone Walker Beer Garden, and prize raffle (a bit smaller)! Of course we will have the Free Kids Race as well so bring the youngsters. One new event this year is the CA State Series Endurance XC (5 laps of the 14 mile XC course for a whooping 70 miles!).

The first 400 racers will receive a goody bag filled with swag and your choice of either a Firestone Walker Pint Glass or a RideSB.com coffee cup. Please note that for the first time SG Productions needs to pay a “site fee” for the use of some of the land, that is why the slight rise in entry fees this year, we hope that you understand, and will continue to support our efforts to promote this great family style event.

All the information for this year’s Firestone Walker AMBC/CA State Mountain Bike Weekend, as well as printable entry forms and maps are available at http://www.ridesb.com/firestone.htm.

Remember this race is special, it’s not like any other race anywhere for so many reasons, and please remember this, I was a bike racer once upon a time (some think that I was pretty good too) and organizing and promoting this race is something of a passion for me, its my way of giving something back to a sport that gave me so much and so many great opportunities.

What other race can you go to where you have?

1. :thumb: An outstanding venue like The Firestone Vineyard and the Ted Chamberlin Cattle Ranch in the Santa Ynez Valley!
2. A XC course that is really fun while providing a challenge at the same time!
3. A DH course that has nothing but excitement at every turn!
4. Live Music!
5. An Awesome Prize Raffle!
6. Awesome BBQ Tri-Tip and Chicken Lunch!
7. Free Kids Race!
8. No Parking Fees!
9. A free pint glass! (Not a shirt or a pair of socks!)
10. A Firestone Walker Beer Garden!
11. Great Timing and Scoring!
12. And a good time for all that makes you want to return year after year!

So I hope to see you at the biggest mountain bike race in these parts, for the past 5 years, the 6th Annual Firestone Walker AMBC/CA State Series MTB Weekend on April 22nd – 24th!

Remember you can download your registration form and get other info on things like our host hotels at http://www.ridesb.com/firestone.htm.

Enjoy the ride,

Mike Hecker – Owner & Event Director

SG Production / www.ridesb.com

Organizer of fine cycling events on the Central Coast since 1998