Quantcast

Firestone Walker MTB Weekend

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
http://www.ridesb.com/Firestone_04.htm

So all you XC racers out there us the above link to get info on the 5th Annual Firestone Walker MTB Weekend on April 23rd - 25th.

This is just one week after Sea Otter and down the coast in Los Olivos, or Northern Santa Barbara County. We have camping, a DH , Dirt Crit, and the main event the Cross Country. The XC is the only AMBC event in CA and is now part of the CA State Championship Series.

For those of you trying to meet the qualifications for the XC Nationals in Mammoth, it should be easier to do that at Firestone than a NCS event, something to think about.

In addition to the camping and great racing is the aftr party on Sunday where the Firestone Walker Beer Garden, the live music, and the prize raffle will all be happening.

So take a second and check it out, http://www.ridesb.com/Firestone_04.htm.

Later
PHP:
http://www.ridesb.com/Firestone_04.htm

Attachments

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Thanks for the info - I'm planning to race it. Are there prizes for dead last??

Also, will there be any chance to preride the XC course prior to the event?

Also, just out of curiosity, why does the racing start so bleary-eyed early in the AM on Sunday?

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Great I'm flad that you like the race and are returning. Sorry no prizes fpr dead last, but I bet you'll win something in the raffle.

As for pre-riding the course before the race weekend, we will have a locals only pre-ride, send me an email to mh@ridesb.com and I'll set you up for it.

The reg opens at 6 AM and the racing starts at 8 AM on Sunday, it's not that early. It's a long day ... :)

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Great!

The XC is a 12 mile lap consisting of rolling or sprint hills, one long climb, flat fast single track, winery roads, cattle single track. it's fun.

The new DH is only about a mile but fast and not to tech.

Hope you make it!

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Originally posted by T-Dog
I raced it a couple years ago and had a blast (but it was hot) glad to hear it's in April this year.....has the xc course changed much? I plan to be there.
Right on T-Dog! No the course XC really has not changed although there may be a bit more single track.

MH

Mar 20, 2004
santa barbara, CA
a bunch of us were working up there today and the DH is course is just about done, and its AWSOME, if you live within distance, GO TO THE RACE YOU WILL LIKE IT ALOT.

here is a sweet pic of Carlin right before the last double and triple section.

here is a pic of me on the last drop of the course

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Bump for Mike!

If you live in SoCal you should try and race this race. I did it the first two years and loved it, great course and lots of fun. If all goes well I'll be racing SS this time around.

Adding DH is perfect, I remember being distracted during the race last time by all the killer terrain around there.

The Ito