Quantcast

Firestone Walker?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Hell yeah guys I hope to see you both there! We have been putting in work on the course and it's super sick. Santa Cruz riders always dominate because us SB kids only know how to ride the rocks and y'all are good at high speed and jumping. :D

I raced it last year and it was awesome, this year will be even better since we added some new features. The course is like sweetness with a little bit of z's thrown in. Runs are ~1:30 and it's a two run format.

punkassean said:
Hell yeah guys I hope to see you both there! We have been putting in work on the course and it's super sick. Santa Cruz riders always dominate because us SB kids only know how to ride the rocks and y'all are good at high speed and jumping. :D

I raced it last year and it was awesome, this year will be even better since we added some new features. The course is like sweetness with a little bit of z's thrown in. Runs are ~1:30 and it's a two run format.
Thanks Sean! Hoping to get down there...just depends on whether or not I can recruit a buddy or two to help defer transportation costs.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
last year a bunch of SC heads came down but most of them have moved away since (Aaron, Erik, Mike and crew). They swept expert too.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I start my new job that week so I cannot miss a day. I might start heading down there after 4pm. I will just have to get as many runs in on Saturday as I can before the race.

Its ok, I suck at bikes. I'm no real competition anyways.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Josh, you're going to have some fun in the shuttles. Last year it was a Ryder truck, even more fun than the stakebed trucks at Carnegie. I got 3-4 runs in on Saturday last time so you'll be ok. Last year you got 2 race runs, hopefully it'll be the same this year.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Total Heckler said:
I start my new job that week so I cannot miss a day. I might start heading down there after 4pm. I will just have to get as many runs in on Saturday as I can before the race.

Its ok, I suck at bikes. I'm no real competition anyways.
definitely head down that night, you'll want to be there as early as possible to get in a few good runs.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
yo naggles and naggettes, the course is primped and pimped bring yo asses down next weekend for a guaranteed good time.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
It was a really fun race! I ended up getting 5th in Sport 19-29. Pretty stoked on qualifying for Nationals. Woohoo. Anyone have any pictures?