Quantcast

First Aid Extended Version

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
In our union contract we are to be certified trained in CPR and First Aid every 2 years. i mean don't get me wrong it's a good thing especially considering i'm out on the trail and i think if you lead group rides you should know and get refreshed on this stuff.
Most of the time we get trained it's slam bam out in 3 or 4 hours, but today we got this instructor who was straight by the book and held us there the entire 8 hours....

holy crap i'm so brain tired right now, from watching poorly acted dumb videos and reading from that booklet... At this point if you plopped over i'd just laugh and let you die.:ouch: :wonky2: :monkey:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
True or False:

If someone has a badly cut head that is bleeding profusely, you may apply a tournaquet around the neck to stop the bleeding.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
True or False:

If someone has a badly cut head that is bleeding profusely, you may apply a tournaquet around the neck to stop the bleeding.
i guess that depends on how much you like them.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BurlyShirley said:
True or False:

Seriously man this kind of information shouldn't be taken lightly. Maybe someone out there who is unknowledgable may need this info to help save a life. The best thing to do for a major cut is to stuff dirt in the wound until you can get enough time to cut the victims heart out to stop the bleeding.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
BurlyShirley said:
True or False:

As long as you make it tight enough to block the passage of air.

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
i have to do a first aid course every 6 months because of my job as for the question:

If someone has a badly cut head that is bleeding profusely, you may apply a tournaquet around the neck to stop the bleeding
you want to Control bleeding by putting pressure around the edges of the wound then if you have a bandage with you, you should Start with one end of the narrow bandage and wrap it around all four fingers on one hand until you form a loop. Leave a long strip of the bandage material to weave in and around the loop so it doesn't ravel. Use this ring pad to apply pressure around the edges of the wound. .

and final if blood dribles out of the nose or ears let it run as it is alowing blood flow from the brain which will stop the brain being put under pressure

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
ukjason said:
i have to do a first aid course every 6 months because of my job as for the question:

you want to Control bleeding by putting pressure around the edges of the wound then if you have a bandage with you, you should Start with one end of the narrow bandage and wrap it around all four fingers on one hand until you form a loop. Leave a long strip of the bandage material to weave in and around the loop so it doesn't ravel. Use this ring pad to apply pressure around the edges of the wound. .

and finayl if blood dribles out of the nose or ears let it run as it is alowing blood flow from the brain which will stop the brain being put on pressure
:clue: :clue:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Skookum said:
Seriously man this kind of information shouldn't be taken lightly. Maybe someone out there who is unknowledgable may need this info to help save a life. The best thing to do for a major cut is to stuff dirt in the wound until you can get enough time to cut the victims heart out to stop the bleeding.
I heard wild animal feaces works best.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
I thought Brits were supposed to have a sense of humor.......... :confused:
furthermore it is a load of crap. :oink: unless you're dribbling CSF out your nose, that is

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Toshi said:
furthermore it is a load of crap. :oink: unless you're dribbling CSF out your nose, that is
When do we get to start to refer to you as Doctor T?

And at med skewl what semester do they teach you to cut off the nubs on splints.;)

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Skookum said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
The best thing to do for a major cut is to stuff dirt in the wound until you can get enough time to cut the victims heart out to stop the bleeding.
Yikkeess! I hope I don't impale myself today riding with you guys:eek: ;)

Did they show you how to make a split out of twigs?:)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Skookum said:
When do we get to start to refer to you as Doctor T?

And at med skewl what semester do they teach you to cut off the nubs on splints.;)
assuming i don't fail anything big :D it'll be just about two years from now. and they taught us that the nubs need to be filed off only for patients that look frail of body and mind. you looked like you could handle it... hehe

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Skookum said:
That's what coach always said, rub some dirt on it.