Quantcast

First Attempt at a Technical Trail

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
didn't go quite as i would have liked...but i thoroughly enjoyed being challenged. i met up with someone from NEMBA and we went to a trail in Hamden. this would be about my 10th ride.

this is his description of what we rode:

Big climb up to the top of the ridgeline, some abandoned pavement riding then a huge technical cliffline descent, topped off with some Middlesex-ish weaving mt laural singletrack.

all i saw were boulders, clusters of rocks and roots, lots of tight narrow turns through trees...oh yea...and the occassional moderate path.

i crashed 2x...both by trying to get off my bike :banghead: NOOB lesson: either commit from the get go and ride through no matter what or walk...but changing your mind midway only spells disaster. :biggrin: of course that's easy to write not so easy to follow through when in the moment.

all in all it was a great workout and with my riding buddy's help, i was able to roll over a few logs, climb a few rock or root riddled areas and come away somewhat uninjured.

can't wait to go back and try it again! :crazy: :weee:

Aug 6, 2007
amish country
jebus....buy some arm and leg armor:bonk:. must be a good trail if it did that to you. glad to see you werent discouraged and are ready to attack it again.

Good luck.

after looking at the pics again...maybe a pressure suit too!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
NICE.

Sounds like your falls are a result of trying new things and trying to get better. Nothing wrong with that. :)

Those bruises will get worse before they get better. :D

peterk123

Chimp
Dec 2, 2007
My father always told me when we were skiing, "if your not falling your not learning and not trying hard enough".

No question about you.