Quantcast

First Full Suspension

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
Last night I ordered my first fulley: 2005 K2 Lithium 3.0. I know its not the best bike ever but it will suit me just fine for my first full suspension bike and it only cost $780. I will post pictures as soon as it arrives. I got 2 day Fed Ex shipping so it should be here soon. Let me know what you think.

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
That was the same bike i was gonna get. It's a great bike, i got to test ride one. I loved it. Have fun with it man!

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
hey guys my bike came yesterday and i started the assembly i just got some tweeking to do with the brakes and to put on my pedals. as soon as i do it i will post some pics. i also have a problem with the rear derailluer. there was a hole in the box it came in and the hole just happens to be where the drailluer is and it got bent or the hanger is at least. another monkey (dunno username) that im good friends with is comin over to take a look at it today. if it is messed up im gonna call supergo & fed ex to see who is gonna pay for a new one. so ill post some pics of the bike and the derailluer when i get home and see if any of you guys can tell me whats going on.

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
well that problem with the hole in the box bent the derailleur enought to bend the hanger and the derailleur. and on top of all that, the bike is too large for me for what i want to do with it. so i called up supergo and told them the two porblems and they said to contact fed ex about the hole so i did and they are taking it back tomorrow and they are going to take it back to supergo and supergo is gonna give me a brand new one. and about the frame being too large they are going to refund me for the one i got now and just get me a medium because all the sizes cost the same amount. they said that fed ex SHOULD get the bike back to them by wednesday and i told them i want fed ex to overnight the new one to me and that i didnt want to pay anything for it and they agreed with me and they are gonna to overnight me a medium once they receive the damaged one. i never got a chance to take any pics of it but sometime when fed ex and supergo get there act together, i will try to get some pics of the complete bike and some of it seeing some action. so hopefully i will be able to get it soon and not have any problems with it and i can finally enjoy a full suspension.

i also have a question about the rear shock...the spring is a 700lb. one and i weight 208 and when i sit on it and even jump onto it the spring hardly moves. another monkey (mindlessfreak)(i think) has a 04 stinky with a 500lb. spring and he weights about 215~220 and when he sits on his bike the sping goes down quite alot and it does the same when i sit on it. anyways i was just wondering if anyone thinks a 700lb. is really neccassary for doing very light freeriding. the stuff the bike will see is equal amount of trailriding and just riding around neighborhoods.

thanks for your help and sorry about the long post...im just bored.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
hope you get everything all sorted out. btw the weight of the spring differs with the bike your riding.. on my heckler I have #55000... on my 7point i have 450. just go by how the bike feels , not other peoples weights

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
the medium will probably come with a lighter spring, but springs aren't too expensive, ask a shop if they have any used springs laying around or try allen at dropnzone.com

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
ok thanks yeh the guy at my locl bike shop said that the medium might come with a lighter spring. i just dont like the 700 because its too much like riding a hardtail. but i guess it will change when i actually get to ride it.

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
well.....now that fedex has picked it up...supergo is backing out of their end of the deal. they said they would refund me for the large and then charge me for a medium. now they are saying they wont do it but instead all they will do is refund me my $888.83. so im gonna go to a local bike shop where i took my bike when i got it cus of the question about how much to replace my derailleur becuase he said he could order me a medium 2005 k2 lithium 3.0 for $800 and that way if it comes damaged he could just fix it for free. but i wont be able to tell him to order it untill supergo would receive the damaged one from fed ex and they said that they would not get it till thursday. so im gonna go looking at all the local bike shops wednesday trying to find a decent full suspension for $900 or under.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
great choice. the frs xc is a rockin' bike. great on the trails. just, please dont freeride it. a few 2-3 foot drops now and then is alright, but it is NOT a freeride bike. just making sure you know.