Quantcast

First Impressions: Shimano XTR M970

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
robdamanii said:
My hope is this brings down the price of SRAM components a touch, which will make buying for my project that much easier.
With the current state of affairs. I wouldn't expect prices on anything bike related to go down. Shipping and the cost of manufacture of everything has increased. Currently with the cost of aluminum, chromium, magnesium, titanium, and most of metals that go into the manufacture of a bicycle increasing. I would most certainly expect prices to go up. Hell the conflict in the middle east will even increasre the price of oil enough that even the plastic bits will cost more.

That and folks are buying more bikes. Atleast at my shop. Families need to find cheap forms of entertainment. After the initial costs cycling is over the long run pretty affordable.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I'm definately interested in anything that's not flippy-lever or rapid-rise related.
I'm still running all M952, and have been waiting for them to get their heads out of their asses...
The new stuff seems nice, I'd like to try it out myself.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
zahgurim said:
The new stuff seems nice, I'd like to try it out myself.
for sure... i d love to run it, but it s too spendy... same as x0... not worth it for my dollar... gimmie shimano 105 derailleurs and frequent, fresh cables and housing... 8 speed..

how sick is this......

benno

Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
N8 said:
Not sure if this has been posted or not...

*most retarded cockpit setup ever*

carpal tunnel inducing grips... is that a FVCKING PHONE attached to that ridiculous, indecisive motherfarker of a stem? Cable lockout on the fork? PULEEEASE.

Not to mention the new Dual Control Shyte is eye-searingly ugly. They can take that shyte and fark back off again.