Quantcast

first job interview with RedBull...advice needed

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
I'm a mechanical engineering undergraduate student here in Zürich Switzerland. Since my next semester is going to be kind of easy and some extra cash is never bad I recently applied for a the position as Red Bull student brand manager for my college. Now they are interested and I have an interview first monday of august. Thing is, I have no idea what to expect as for questions etc...and this might sound gay, but I think it might be important: what should I wear? If it was a Bank or some big engineering company I would definitely be wearing something more serious like pants and a shirt....but I mean, it's RedBull and the job itself sounds more like they need an open, contact friendly social student, so dressing up to serious might give a wrong impression. Maybe jeans and t-shirt and just look clean?
Has anyone here already had experience with this kind of job?
cheers!...and let's hope for some free redbull!:banana:

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
I would dress just like it is was a Bank or some big engineering company I would definitely be wearing something more serious like pants and a shirt.... job( it is ). Then after you get the job find out what the dress code will be for you.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Dress smart like gspot said.

Don't mention your nocturnal habits.

Good luck mate. Bring me RedBull.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Yes, definately pants and a shirt. I'm friends with the student redbull rep for our school. Basically they just need you to be a friendly open person willing to go out and socialize with people. At least with our redbull rep he has to carry a redbull backpack with the built in cooler with redbulls to give out to people who want one.

Its a pretty chill position, but yes, I would dress up with nice pants/shirt possibly a tie. I'll be trying for this position next year I believe.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
thanks for the advice. I'll start ironing my clothes since it's been a long time since I last wore some "nice" clothes...now: good advice for ironing?...jk

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
...and don't show up drinking a Monster! Or even a Lucozade!
dude we don't have monster here!which is kind of lame,because they have those huge cans. but anyway I'm pretty loyal to redbull when it comes to energy drinks and now their new cola...I'm addicted to it. Wish me luck! And if I get the job...then free redbull for everyone! (who comes by).

Last edited:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
dude we don't have monster here!which is kind of lame,because they have those huge cans. but anyway I'm pretty loyal to redbull when it comes to energy drinks and now their new cola...I'm addicted to it. Wish me luck! And if I get the job...then free redbull for everyone! (who comes by).
I heard that about Monster in Europe. A friend's son who just came back from racing at the World Cups said the same thing. What Redbull cola do you speak of?

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
I heard that about Monster in Europe. A friend's son who just came back from racing at the World Cups said the same thing. What Redbull cola do you speak of?
You don't have RedBull Cola over there???:shocked:
REDBULL COLA

The stuff tastes really weird to awekward at first...but after a couple of times you either totally love it or hate it. Me and my gf hated it at first...but since a friend of mine always gave me some I'm now hooked, and so is my gf. It's supposed to be all natural stuff in it. Just wish they would sell it in big bottles.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
No, never seen Redbull cola..then again I really haven't bee looking...grew up on Jolt Cola- "Twice the caffeine, all the sugar".

Good luck, seems like you know the product, which will be important.

...and yes, in America, we have a plethora or "Red Bull Girls", as they have been called. They have shown up at the bike shop I work at handing out Redbulls to the inner city youth who frequent the shop (which is all we need, sheesh, already have trouble kicking them out!) and at the lift line at Mount Snow races. Come to think of it, there was one dude with the women, but he was definitely not as flirty as his coworkers! :imstupid:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Aren't "pants and a shirt" pretty much the minimum for going around in public without being arrested?? How about, I dunno...at minimum, dress slacks/shirt and a tie?? I can't imagine going to any job interview above, say, a bike-store or warehouseman level, in anything less than a jacket and tie, if not a business suit. Even if the job is a polo shirt and khakis or jeans type position...you don't have it yet. Wear something interview-appropriate.

If you don't own a suit, now's a good time to get one. Everyone needs at least one. Charcoal-grey or navy blue. Black lace-up shoes. White shirt. 2-3 ties...at least a red one and a gold one. Spend enough that you won't need to buy another until you get fat.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Aren't "pants and a shirt" pretty much the minimum for going around in public without being arrested?? How about, I dunno...at minimum, dress slacks/shirt and a tie?? I can't imagine going to any job interview above, say, a bike-store or warehouseman level, in anything less than a jacket and tie, if not a business suit. Even if the job is a polo shirt and khakis or jeans type position...you don't have it yet. Wear something interview-appropriate.

If you don't own a suit, now's a good time to get one. Everyone needs at least one. Charcoal-grey or navy blue. Black lace-up shoes. White shirt. 2-3 ties...at least a red one and a gold one. Spend enough that you won't need to buy another until you get fat.

Looking for a job after graduating I was broke and got a $90 suit for interviews. 4 years and 40 lbs later I was once again looking for a job and picked up a nice new suit. When I flew out to interview for the job I have now I discovered I accidentally packed my old ill fitting suit. I spent the whole interview praying that I didn't split the ass out of it. :imstupid:

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach

what about shorts and a t-shirt, or jeans and t-shirt for being in public? But you're right about the rest as is everyone else.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I kinda consider shorts and t-shirts to be sub-elements of "pants and shirts." I was being, like, glib.