Quantcast

First major accomplishment!!

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
I am so excited. I just went out to ride on my new forks, and I was riding around and I was amazed at how light they are for 140mm of travel. and I was popping up the front end, just messing around. I thought, "hey im gona just attempt a bunnyhop while no one is around. I was trying so hard, and I just couldn't do it. I was about to quit and then I tried again, and I felt my back tire thump. I got this immediate happy feeling inside (you know what I mean). and I kept doing it, and I was getting maybe 1 inch off the ground every other try. I was so excited, I rode around in circles trying bunnyhops, and stuff. close to dark, I found my friend walking home from dunkin donuts, and I was like dude, watch this, and at that point I was getting pretty good at it. (atleast thats what I thought) and I showed him, and he was like DUDE!!! I have never seen anybody bunnyhop a mountain bike before, that was awesome! he layed down on the ground and told me to do it infront of him, so he could see how high I was getting, and he said I got a good 4 inches under my back tire, and landed with both wheels at the same time. I am extremely happy now, and if I keep practicing, I will be able to clear logs, and do all kinds of stuff. oh, and I dont have clips btw. I just thought I would celebrate todays accomplishment.

-Ben