Quantcast

$$$ first Monderp of March GMT$$$

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Hit Copper Mountain yesterday - no lift lines, on-and-off snow squalls kept things soft-ish. Skied the nose of Patrol Chute which is not-to-often even open, much less nicely covered.

Followed that up with Spaulding Glades which was full of some WEIRD shitty-grabby snow. There's really only one steep bit in the glade (far skier's right), which I managed to blow 3 turns just prior to hitting the steep bit, double-ejected, and slid down head-first, on my back, to the bottom. Ski edge hammered my ass-cheek when it popped off, so I'm ass-bruised to boot. :mad:

Followed that up with a trip out to Tucker Mountain's Three Bears lift, and I gotta say... the terrain out there is still pretty shitty as I remember it, and everything was windblown to shit as well - rocks, dirt and grass on every run we tried. I'm sure it's nice on a powder day, but I doubt it's worth the trek back there, especially with A-side and Reso so much closer.

Heard Saturday was a complete Ikonic shitshow of Epic proportions. Kinda glad we didn't ski Saturday. :D

ETA: Hey mods (@binary visions ?) - why won't my GIF avatar work like @Toshi's??
Hello Mr. Bouncy Noodle!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

So my contract got extended, but nobody told IT. I told security on Friday and was able to get into the building, but nobody was there. I tried to log into my computer and my account was suspended. I made coffee and was playing on my phone when someone came in and said the office was closed today due to virus concerns. There is a defunk team coming tonight and we are supposed to be open tomorrow. There was an email sent, but I didn't get it. :rofl:

Good thing this is all a hoax.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Guess who has permanent hearing loss caused by their profession.

At least I know it's not due to a medical condition. Hearing aids won't help with my type of damage. Which is fine because those things are Dentist expensive, and I'd rather have a new bike anyway or another long distance hike.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

At least I know it's not due to a medical condition. Hearing aids won't help with my type of damage. Which is fine because those things are Dentist expensive, and I'd rather have a new bike anyway or another long distance hike.
That sucks.
But I have to ask... how did you lose your hearing making jewelry?

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins

Sounds like a plus to me less bullshit and less assholes to hear. But the loss of the sound on your hike will be unfortunate and greatly missed.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
That sucks.
But I have to ask... how did you lose your hearing making jewelry?
I've been a smith for 29 years. Lots of exposure to loud machines and ringing anvils.

According to the exam I can hear words fine as long as there is no other noise. Of course I knew that. Basically if I'm standing in front of a running faucet washing a pan, you would have to be within three feet of me in oder for me to understand what you're saying. I can no longer tell where sounds are coming from. Beeps, like the ones in a kitchen, drive me nuts. Also been hearing a whooshing sound and some popping in addition to the constant ringing. But in the past several months it's gotten worse. At least now I know what the hearing loss is caused by.

@Toshi the condition is called: High Frequency Sensorineural Hearing Loss

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
My all time favorite sound is something I fear I can no longer enjoy.

In the Spring, when the forrest floor is starting to come back to life, sit quietly and listen to the sounds. If you are patient and wait long enough for your heart rate to come down and your breath to slow down you might hear a faint crinkle sound. Those are leaves moving as various ground cover shoots begin sprouting. It is literally the sound of grass growing.

I am going to try my best to hear it this Spring on the AT.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That sucks to hear that news. Er, make that read that, my apologies!