Quantcast

First my truck catches on fire and now this.....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus

i wish i had some cool story about how i broke it hucking some monster cliff or something but......

my friggin bike rack did it! it's one of those L-shaped racks that you just clamp the frame onto. i had it rigged for my demo but it made the front tire hang level with the hitch. when we pulled into my mom's steep driveway the tire hit the ground and pushed the frame up onto the square steel edge of the rack making a nice dent and slice. :eek:

mikedsx is looking into the crash replacement deal from specialized and i don't think it'll be too much 'cause all i need is the front triangle.

i raced XC on it the next day and it held together fine even through some fun and bumpy DH sections. i plan on racing the final local DH race on it July 8th and hope it holds together :help:

oh well....at least we're closing on our house next week :thumb:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
sucky. I guess that's karma getting you back for letting those hot young girls go even though you knew they were driving drunk

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i rode it today at a freeride/dj park and cased pretty hard a few times and the crack didn't grow. it's not in a very high stress are so i'm probably just going to keep riding it and keep an eye on it. i'll just save up to by an '07 frame when they start to clear them out in when the '08's come in.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
manimal said:
i rode it today at a freeride/dj park and cased pretty hard a few times and the crack didn't grow. it's not in a very high stress are so i'm probably just going to keep riding it and keep an eye on it. i'll just save up to by an '07 frame when they start to clear them out in when the '08's come in.
You, sir, are a madman. :thumb:

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
sucks man, trucks suck when they catch fire..you should rig up a shock on the mount if you can weld, that'd be cool and a lot safer..why not weld a plate around it? meaning on the frame so the crack doesn't grow..hope everything works out with the accident warrenty setup specialized has going. was the truck totalled or juts damaged really badly? lucky you are alright.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
haha...i thought about that but it wouldn't take a genius to figure out that the original damage was from a very sharp, metal on metal cut.

besides, if i can't be honest with stuff like this i couldn't really trust myself with stuff on the job. just a personal thing i guess.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
manimal said:
besides, if i can't be honest with stuff like this i couldn't really trust myself with stuff on the job. just a personal thing i guess.
Good for you. It is nice to see there are some people out there who still are honest about things. Besides, you are right, there is no way in hell they will believe you were just riding along when all of a sudden the frame ended up like that.