Quantcast

First night ride of the season

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
So we've got a group that ranges from 2 to 7 folks that hook up and ride after work every Thursday. Our ride time has been getting short enough that we decided to start bring lights with yesterday's ride. Nothing special; we maybe did a 10 mile loop. Just a nice ride with good friends, with the last half in the dark. Every year when we break out the lights, we're in agreement that half of the fun is that when night riding, you feel like a kid again and you're getting away with something you shouldn't be doing. Anyway, I promised crappy pics, so here's a few.
1. Clay playing on some boulders at the top of the Fitness Trail. He forgot what bike he was on and shortly after this he destroyed his big ring.
2. Rick and Myles with the last of our Fall color on the climb up American Springs Rd.
3. Rick, still climbing, with a bit of LANL in the background.

Attachments

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
4. Only decent shot I got of the full moon.
5. The log bridge on the Traverse trail is a bit more challenging at night, when you're blinded by the flash from a camera.
6. (Here's your 29er content) My POS bike hauler & fave bike, with Rick cracking open a post-ride Newcastle. Yes, that's an old Coka-cola bottle opener mounted on the fender, but it's perfectly safe since I can't reach it while I'm driving.

(Guess I need to RTFM and figure out how to embed pics rather than have them as thumbnail attachments)

Happy trails,
- Joe

Attachments

hooker_47

Chimp
Mar 2, 2007
Lost
Love the Brat with bike in the back. I miss those old cars. They were great fun.

Looks like a great ride. Nothing better than getting out and riding with friends.