Quantcast

> First of Novembroid <

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good morning. kitchen smellin' like the bacon I didn't cook the other day.
5 1/2 hours of scheduled meetings today. This is not my favorite day.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
My in-laws finally leave to head back to the mid-west today. They've been here for 2 weeks now. I will finally get my house and my sanity back (at least what's left of it).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I got hit on by an old lady last night while trick or treating with the kids. She was definitely a couple sheets to the wind. My wife was there and thought it was hysterical.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
car salesmen
My encountering with one earlier this week had me disliking him within two minutes of the discussion starting.
  • You're telling me the car we've come to see was never even available for sale as it was already sold as a custom order
  • Then you tell me that I don't want one of those, I should buy one of these lesser models you have available instead

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
My encountering with one earlier this week had me disliking him within two minutes of the discussion starting.
  • You're telling me the car we've come to see was never even available for sale as it was already sold as a custom order
  • Then you tell me that I don't want one of those, I should buy one of these lesser models you have available instead
Probably try to charge you the same has the higher model.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Just shake your rump!

What now?
Starting the process of making a new car happen. I finally have a solid budget and can move forward once I find the right car. Just need to find the right car. Been calling different dealers who don't seem to really want to sell cars.

I called a dealer in Hartford and he started telling me about how great the brakes are on the car, wouldn't let me talk. Kept trying to get me to negotiate on payments and work me over on my trade. I was trying to figure out whether the car he was listing was new or used, and get a handle on their financing rates if new. "what do you want your payment to be" "What can I do to sell you this car tonight" dude...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Mildly successful Halloween despite balls cold + snow. Daughter and her friend were still cool with me walking around with them, which warmed the cockles of my dead and shriveled heart just a bit. Lots of homes in the hood not giving out candy, stingy motherfuckers, but there were two absolutely A+ effort amateur haunted houses.

Coffee now, may take singlespeed out around town later for a, *gasp*, bicycle ride.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkeys! You will be pleased to know my man-bun capable hair is progressing in an appropriate manner and should be fully backdated by mid to late 2019. I also paid money to have a reverb rebuilt... and I ate a bowl of oatmeal.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
classic case of why people should not try and be heroes and come to work sick. Out of a team of 9, 6 of us are currently out sick. If that one idiot had stayed home, this might have been avoided. :rant:

With my trip to Ecuador in 1.14 weeks, I don't want to be dealing with this shit now. Though maybe it's a good time for it to happen... get it out of the way early. fingers crossed.

edited to add: it appears I jumped the gun on Dia de los muertos. I thought it was today. When I took my 5 y.o. to see Coco this winter, he wasn't ready for the concept of death, and totally freaked out at the skeletons. I told him the point of the movie was to remember the dead (or dearly departed, as it were), and that we could put pictures out for the Dia de los muertos this year. So I did that last night. But it turns out today is All Saints Day. Tomorrow is for the "ordinary" dead. Oh well. The pictures can stay up an extra day I guess.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
You could have just pushed him further off, and parked there.
That's what a redneck would do.
A redneck drives a big truck with the right bumpers though, something a little out of my price range here (f***ing taxes).

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

In Nashville for a few days. Wife’s first time visiting so we are gonna go out and enjoy some music.

Then it’s off to Mammoth Caves before we head north.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
my subie rolled over 100k miles this morning.
@jimmydean to the cream-color-needing- @TN -touchup courtesy phone, please.

Edit: fucking SNIPED. :mad:

Good morning Monkeys! You will be pleased to know my man-bun capable hair is progressing in an appropriate manner and should be fully backdated by mid to late 2019. I also paid money to have a reverb rebuilt... and I ate a bowl of oatmeal.
How was the oatmeal? I had strawberry shortcake for breakfast...

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Basically this day is filler until blunts, darts and beers, then the beef tartar i've been dreaming about.