Quantcast

first pics from sea otter?

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by -BB-
As far as this whole car thing goes, here is how I see it.

Is Luc more sensitive about his car than I am? YES

Does this mean that Luc is OVERLY sensitive about his car? NO

If it was my car, would I care? NO

Would I do something like that to Luc's car knowing that he is sensitive about his WRX (even though I couldnt' care less if it were mine)?? NO

I found out about this wnen I pushed on the door to close it one time and Luc asked me to push on the window instead. Weird?
Maybe, but it's his car so he has every right to be weird about it.

We all know Luc is A.nal ;)

SO, Yes Luc has a right to be a little TO'd, but in defense of the people that did it, they may not have know how Luc feels about his ride. I'd do teh same to my other friends cars, but b/c I know how Luc feels, I wouldn't do it to his.

Cool?:D
I wonder if I was one of the initial suspects. :p
-Orfen

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by BMXman
yeah I know scratches...big deal...like the car is supossed to remain in mint perfect condition forever...I just don't get it...next thing you know we'll all be leaving our cars in dust proof garages and never drive them...like I said priorities...but enough of this I'm not going to dwell on it...it's a car...a material possesion!! :confused:
Unavoidable scratches are one thing, but someone purposly writing in the dirt of a car is inexcusable, thats vandalism. What are you driving D?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by zedro
i dunno, finger painting is so ambiguous; true love uses a key...
Thats very true, if I caught anyone doing that to my car, I would end up causing more damage to my car by having their face imprinted in the sheet metal.:angry:

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Thats very true, if I caught anyone doing that to my car, I would end up causing more damage to my car by having their face imprinted in the sheet metal.:angry:
just make sure the face imprint looks nothing like Jesus, people get wacky over stuff like that

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by -BB-
As far as this whole car thing goes, here is how I see it.

Is Luc more sensitive about his car than I am? YES

Does this mean that Luc is OVERLY sensitive about his car? NO

If it was my car, would I care? NO

Would I do something like that to Luc's car knowing that he is sensitive about his WRX (even though I couldnt' care less if it were mine)?? NO

I found out about this wnen I pushed on the door to close it one time and Luc asked me to push on the window instead. Weird?
Maybe, but it's his car so he has every right to be weird about it.

We all know Luc is A.nal ;)

SO, Yes Luc has a right to be a little TO'd, but in defense of the people that did it, they may not have know how Luc feels about his ride. I'd do teh same to my other friends cars, but b/c I know how Luc feels, I wouldn't do it to his.

Cool?:D
ok a bit more light has been shed...thanks BB...I'm not condoning what was done to his car...I myself find it hard to believe someone writing in the dust on a car could produce visual scratches...it has been done to my car many times with no visable damage.

I do know Luc is anal about some things (bikes) which is why I stated my first post as a "rant"....Luc and I obviously view cars differently. I see them only as a means of transportation and he doesn't, to each his own...now enough of this thread derailment....back to the topic...more pics please:D

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Wow,

I didn't have a clue all of this would happen if I wrote on the dust of a car. I am very sorry if I meant harm to your car Luc. This is something that myself and my friends have all been doing to eachothers cars over the last 5 years or so. If you car is dirty, it gets written on. I didn't have a clue that this would leave scratches in the paint. Hell a day before I wrote that on your car, I wrote "Little Blacky" on Lisa Sher's car. Her reaction was pretty much polar compared to yours. If I would have known you would have been pissed about it I wouldn't have.
Will this cause me to stop writing on my friends cars, no. Will I write on yours again, no. I do what I do because I like to have fun with my friends. A week or so ago, I photoshopped my friends face onto a sumo wrestlers body and posted a couple copies of it in studio. He got me back my lock the rear wheel of my motorcycle so I couldn't go. We both had a great laugh out of it.

FRONJ

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by BMXman
ok a bit more light has been shed...thanks BB...I'm not condoning what was done to his car...I myself find it hard to believe someone writing in the dust on a car could produce visual scratches...it has been done to my car many times with no visable damage.
Write on your dusty car some time, wash it, and then look at the clearcoat in the sun. If it's a dark color, it'll be worse.

Have you ever wondered why people at car shows are such anal freaks? It's because they like the way the paint job looks...

Personally, I wouldn't have cared if it was my car...because my car is an old Honda with 180k miles on it that got keyed last year. A nice shiny WRX, I'd be pissed.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Metal
Wow,

I didn't have a clue all of this would happen if I wrote on the dust of a car. I am very sorry if I meant harm to your car Luc. This is something that myself and my friends have all been doing to eachothers cars over the last 5 years or so. If you car is dirty, it gets written on. I didn't have a clue that this would leave scratches in the paint. Hell a day before I wrote that on your car, I wrote "Little Blacky" on Lisa Sher's car. Her reaction was pretty much polar compared to yours. If I would have known you would have been pissed about it I wouldn't have.
Will this cause me to stop writing on my friends cars, no. Will I write on yours again, no. I do what I do because I like to have fun with my friends. A week or so ago, I photoshopped my friends face onto a sumo wrestlers body and posted a couple copies of it in studio. He got me back my lock the rear wheel of my motorcycle so I couldn't go. We both had a great laugh out of it.

FRONJ
Same here...as party to the actions myself. I had no idea it caused damage to a car's paint; certainly wasn't anyone's intention to hurt the car or anger you seriously. We thought you'd either laugh or be mildly annoyed that your car now needed to be washed, which I had a feeling you did quite often anyhow.

Perhaps it's because I drive a shltty '98 pickup that I didn't know this; just never seen damage or anger result from it. If you need to get them buffed or something please let me know. I can more afford to pay for it, and feel a lot more responsible than Sanjay.

-Mike

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
side note....auto detailers secret sauce to make their car's gleam is the same thing bike shops use to detail tune up bikes... PLEDGE furniture polish.

It makes your car look like the paint is alive. "Useless post/thread pirating over".

To Doug, I know what you mean about your truck...I tried the same with mine for a while....it didn't work trying to get people to be considerate while shuttling. But ont he flipside, Cecil was amazing at keeping his vehicle spotless regardless of how many shuttles we did.

Jeremy's 4Runner...that thing looked like pigs lived in it after we shuttled...but that's because Jeremy was shoving his bike in the back using a crowbar and a couple muddy gloves and we just followed his lead.

Anybody got pictures of any new Romic stuff?

J.K.R

Chimp
Feb 27, 2004
Germany
Originally posted by ragin-sagin
Does anybody know what those brakes were that Cedric had on? They were all black and looked similar to magura designs...but I have never seen them before.:confused: :confused:
They seem to be Magura Louise FR Discbrakes with 210mm Rotors, new in the 2004 Product Line!

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by MikeD
Same here...as party to the actions myself. I had no idea it caused damage to a car's paint; certainly wasn't anyone's intention to hurt the car or anger you seriously. We thought you'd either laugh or be mildly annoyed that your car now needed to be washed, which I had a feeling you did quite often anyhow.

Perhaps it's because I drive a shltty '98 pickup that I didn't know this; just never seen damage or anger result from it. If you need to get them buffed or something please let me know. I can more afford to pay for it, and feel a lot more responsible than Sanjay.

-Mike
Way to be a stand up guy Mike. You sure you weren't enlisted?

D

Dingus McGee

Just something I've noticed....the dust-writing permadamage is really only permanent in older paintjobs that have had dust and schmootz sitting on them for awhile. Some skinhead wrote Loveboat in the dust on the trunk of my 70 Sedan DeVille and it NEVER came out...it was a chemical reaction of some kind. A new modern paintjob should be fine unless the painter had just eaten the chicken special at the Korean BBQ in the Expo area. I think Luc will be OK........

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Damn True
Way to be a stand up guy Mike. You sure you weren't enlisted?
Well, if you'll notice, it's all spelled correctly... :p (although I have to admit that one of my sentences is a bit awkwardly structured...I'm still a Marine after all, I suppose.)

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Wow,

FRONJ
So am I gonna finally meet your sorry Arse up at BB this summer?
Hell... We are practicly neighbors. I've got some hand-me downs you can have. ;):devil:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Damn True
Oh.....so you WERE enlisted. OCS?
We all do OCS...this isn't the Navy or the Coast Guard...but seriously, I wasn't prior enlisted. Just a college puke.

MD

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by MikeD
We all do OCS...this isn't the Navy or the Coast Guard...but seriously, I wasn't prior enlisted. Just a college puke.

MD
Well, as a Marine "O" you coulda gone through Annapolis. Though if you had you'd be a complete tool.

IMO, college-OCS makes for better officers. The academies instill too much elitism, too little respect for enlisted personell, and too much fear of the OER and senior officers.

....anyway, we had that conversation already.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by Yeti DHer
Heres one of my favorite dj shots so far...

wow man, the sky is awesome in that pic

good to meet you out there finally Chris. Hope I see you at BB

dw

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Wow,

FRONJ
Nice shot, FRONJ. In light of this, rumor has it that Luc has purchased 3M protective film worth covering 13 Turner frames. :)

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Why didn't you guys write on the windows and NOT the paint!?

I agree, I'd be pissed if written on paint, but windows were the obvious one. Write on the dusty windows!

In school and even out of school no one wrote on the paint. I don't think the writting on the paint ever came to mind. It was always writting on dusty windows.

Oh well...........hopefully all is good between Luc and the "others" envolved.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Originally posted by dw
wow man, the sky is awesome in that pic

good to meet you out there finally Chris. Hope I see you at BB

dw
Thanks dw... Yeah, it was cool to finally meet the man behind the bikes... I'll be at BB... see ya there!