Quantcast

first post: I broke my bike!

alexchannell

Chimp
Jul 23, 2005
Has been making a funky rattling for a while...I thought it was the XT hub on its last leg.
I called SuperGo and they said to send it back and ask for a refund or replacement...I have to call tech support monday to see if they have any replacement frames. I would like store credit or money back so that I can fund builing up a DH bike, but I don't see that happeing.
(PS its a weyless XP)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ive been wondering how those weighless things would hold up. I guess this is an answer.

alexchannell

Chimp
Jul 23, 2005
In all fairness, I was using this bike for aggressive stuff. Have broken a steerer tube and arch on a 2002 Z1. But I am only 160 so I think the frame should have done better than it did.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I'm an engineer and I have a friend who is an engineer, his wife bought him a weyless SP for s full suspension bike. We we riding on the road to a trail head and you could see the rear wheel move side to side as he pedaled. The frame was actually flexing ah he pedaled. He bought an Sworks Epic frame on ebay and is now living happily ever after...

J

JRB

Reactor said:
Wow!, When did you do that? I've never seen a Jamis break by the rear/horst pivot. The older XLT's break by the lower pivot at the front of the chain stays.
This morning. Less than a mile in. This is the second one of people I know. Data broke his just like mine. Same shop is going to warranty mine. It bent the seat stay too.

Here's Dave's break.