Quantcast

First Post - Question about Used Bike

neutrino

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
I don't need nor want a downhill bike. I live in northen Kentucky, we don't really have any reason being on a downhill/freeride bike.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
johnbryanpeters said:
Unless you're flush with cash, don't get anything with XTR. Stupid expensive for replacement parts.
Don't woory about replacement costs, who says you have to replace anything with xtr? If the bike looks clean, and isn't abused it sounds like a good deal, hell you could ebay the bike and get more than $900 for it, sorry that to many people want you to buy what they buy. I agree that the SID might be flexy for you, but you can swap it out. If you brake a XTR derailer or whatever , there is no law saying you must buy another XTR Item, buy XT.LX or Sram.
I think you will enjoy the Spot...

neutrino

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
I haven't made a decision yet. I am just borrowing the bike for a couple of days to feel it out.

I wanted to post some pics on here to show you guys what I was looking at. Since most if not all of you guys are smarter than me about this stuff - I was hoping to get some advice as to whether or not this is a smart purchase or not. Granted I will not be going off 8 foot drops, but I will be using this bike exclusively on the trails. Did I forget to mention that it's my first mountain bike?

J

JRB

johnbryanpeters said:
Unless you're flush with cash, don't get anything with XTR. Stupid expensive for replacement parts.
I haven't replaced anything but a derailleur, that had 5,000 miles on it since I started riding xtr. I have shifters with nearly 7,000 miles.