Quantcast

First post.

L8APX

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Close enough, NY
After meeting Douglas and Treesaw I decided to start posting. I just moved to NY and have been slowly finding my way around the area. Well for those of you interested here is a picture tutorial to catch you up on what I have been up to/ who I am.

I like to ride bikes. I ride a heckler with a 36 and blur with a talas or a SASS with a bomber if you see me out say hello L8APX. Sometimes I ride my 80's Bianchi SS road bike. Here are some random current bikes pictures.

no COOL pictures of my Blur, sorry

Old bike shots

The rootbeer bullit was good for freeriding ;)

The green bullit was good for wallrides :)

Couple of ride shots

I also like to ski & fish

The 04/05 quiver

Old skool skiing

I'm a skinner too

Me and a trio of rippers

Well that's me, sorta. I'll try to start posting more as my adventures in life and the pursuit of fun continue.

Thanks and have a great day!

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
nice doggy, Glad they make them in rootbeer.

my brother has a choco lab too,

they have great personalities.

L8APX

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Close enough, NY
DVNT said:
nice doggy, Glad they make them in rootbeer.

my brother has a choco lab too,

they have great personalities.
His name is Duke. He's a great dog/ buddy. I hate to say but, he isn't all that great at freeriding. Guess I need to get him a set of 3 point O's

J

JRB

Welcome - that bike is sassy. Me likey. Welcome to the monkey. You should put a hat on an avatar and get ready for Christmas in July.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Another fellow UPSTATER!?!? We're taking this place over!! :devil: Welcome to the monkey, where anyone who rides flexy, rootbeer bikes is ok by us! ;)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
L8APX said:
Cool I have seen the masses leaving on Thursdays. I have tried to make it there on my SS every Thursday. Getting ready for the SSWC in Aug.
That was my 1st thursday ride with them - I have been doing group road rides w/MHCC on thursdays

and you race, cool !

I plan to be here most wednesdays

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
L8APX said:
I used to race DH, I've done the 24hr thing but for some reason I don't race xc. I might race some super D events if they exist around here.
I'd like to do some Super-D too! Let me know if you find any going on in the area.

L8APX

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Close enough, NY
TreeSaw said:
Welcome to da :monkey: It was good to meet you last night. Now we'll have to show you around our local trails and get you riding & posting more (rather than lurking ;) ). :thumb:
Sounds good, I have been riding the shaker bay trails, gibbs farm and the stables so far. I would like to expand/explore more. what other trails around albany are good?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
L8APX said:
Sounds good, I have been riding the shaker bay trails, gibbs farm and the stables so far. I would like to expand/explore more. what other trails around albany are good?
Spier Falls, Pittstown/Grafton, Cherry Plains...

L8APX

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Close enough, NY
TreeSaw said:
Yup! I also like to hit Shelving Rock atleast once each summer.
For DH, hit up West Mtn., Platty, Diablo/Mtn. Creek, Mt. Snow, J-Peak or Whiteface.
My next DH type trip will be to diablo to ride and visit a friend that lives there. Thats in July, then the SS world in Aug. then back to Mt. creek in Sept. That's all that is planned, the rest will be pulling straws. I'll prob. go to west a few weekends this summer.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Good GOD Heather is HOT!!! :love:

Sorry....had to get that out of my system. :o:

yeah, it sucked riding, then hanging out afterwards with her :rolleyes: .......not

ps: I want to a super D race too, there will be one at NORBA/Mount Snow

L8APX

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Close enough, NY
douglas said:
yeah, it sucked riding, then hanging out afterwards with her :rolleyes: .......not
ps: I want to a super D race too, there will be one at NORBA/Mount Snow
Mt.snow sounds good. Was the solo 24hr racing bad ass there last night?