Quantcast

First ride on my new rig.

splat

Nam I am
Ok its not like I was planning on getting a new Bike . I wasn't ! But I saw this deal on Busted spoke I just couldn't pass up. so Yesterday I made the guy and offer and after work went down to CT. to buy it/Pick it up.

it is a 2004 Specilized FSR Pro Disc, and it was very well maintained.

Well I decicded to ride over and Meet up With The silver turtle and IF_rider for a little bit . The bike Climbs really nice ! the rear Derailier was a little out of adjustment , but a few turns ofthe adjusting barrel and it shift just fine now. when I got over to the parking lot If_rider took his shock pump and we made some adjustments to the rear shock.

any way it was more riding time

here is IF_rider dropping the frame twister , with some interesting lighting in the background .

Oh the one thing I did have to change , was the seatpost was too short for my liking so I put my Old on on it which was a length to my liking.

any was Here is the Silver turtle jumping the tree splitter , and he even tire tapped his front wheel on the tree as he went through

and finally , here is IF_rider splitting the trees,. then I had to high tail it home . I told the wife I wouldn't be long I just wanted to get a feel of the bike , and I did . I like it !

any one interested in a Enduro frame or a Rocky Mt Element ?

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Splat said:
Ok its not like I was planning on getting a new Bike. I wasn't ! But I saw this deal on Busted spoke I just couldn't pass up. so Yesterday I made the guy and offer and after work went down to CT. to buy it/Pick it up.
:think: I don't know. I think maybe you were looking for a new bike. :sneaky: Nice! Want to break her in Friday after work or sometime Sunday? :confused:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
splat said:
you mean Cause I was starting to break a lot of parts on the enduro ?

Wife works Friday night . but tommorw 7pm my place! if its not raining .
How come the late start? Can you do an hour loop earlier and then we could swing back for the 7:00pm start? Otherwise that means I can only ride for 2 hours. That's all I get out of my battery. I really *need* to get a HID. :(

splat

Nam I am
berkshire_rider said:
How come the late start? Can you do an hour loop earlier and then we could swing back for the 7:00pm start? Otherwise that means I can only ride for 2 hours. That's all I get out of my battery. I really *need* to get a HID. :(
7 pm makes it easier for Paul, Ben and slomojo , and since it is getting to the point of needing light by 6:45 , might as well just start later

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
nice. i like my FSR although i have moved out of it. i'm probably going to sell it cheap, mostly becuase it's been riden hard but the good news for the buyer is the shox has just been factory rebuilt and i have a complete bushing kit to go with it.

anyhoo stock up on the du bushing cuz it goes bad pretty quick other than that it's really a great bike, congrats and have fun!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
berkshire_rider said:
sell a kidney if need be, you wont be disappointed

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Did Specalized raise the BB on the Stumpie?

I was always bashing my pedals into the trail on my 2002. I think I had only about 2" at best of clearence.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
Columbus Day (Oct 10) is a company holiday, but I have to go to Boston for a seminar. So much for a free day off! :angry:

Days that are no good for me:

Oct 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 13, 14, 17-21, 25, 28.

Other than that, my calendar is wide open. :) :p

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
LMAO - "I'm just going to peruse these here pages to see if there is a bike for sale that fits me, but I'm not really looking to buy a bike."

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
splat said:
actually I was looking for Parts to build up my Sons free ride bike. Well now he is going to get the parts off of my old enduro.
Gosh, how that worked out perfectily. :blah:

splat

Nam I am
MMcG said:
I do it all the time! See my location under my avatar! :devil: :D
yes but you are Mr. McBikeSwap.

O and when I picked up the bike I went a little farther down toward hartford, and met up with the Bike swapper himne slef ( MMcG ) and got a Fork off of him.

I think being on the same team as him is rubbing off on me :eek:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
yes but you are Mr. McBikeSwap.

O and when I picked up the bike I went a little farther down toward hartford, and met up with the Bike swapper himne slef ( MMcG ) and got a Fork off of him.

I think being on the same team as him is rubbing off on me :eek:
Or vice versa!!! :)