Quantcast

First Ride: Scott Genius 900

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009
MG_5993lead.jpg
Outerbike is usually known for insanely hot temperatures, dry trails, flat tires, and little cacti. In this post, however, you'll find a rare gem of the outdoor show, a new bike! Enjoy Vernon's perspective on the new Scott Genius 900.
---

Courtesy of Bike Magazine
By Vernon Felton
Photos by Dan Barham

The 2013 Genius line represents a serious departure from the Scott models of yore that bore that same name. Not only has the entire frame design changed, Scott has also purged the Genius line of 26-inch wheels entirely.

For 2013, the Genius comes in a variety of both 27.5 (700) and 29er (900) models. Ryan LaBar wrote about the new Genius line for bikemag.com already, but I decided to give the bikes a spin myself today. I’d originally intended to ride the 700 and 900 models back to back on the rugged trails of Boulder City, but the 27.5-inch wheel variety were reserved far in advance: I couldn’t, in other words, even get my hands on one. Clearly, 27.5 (650B) is going to be big with consumers next year.

MG_5993.jpeg
It took fairly agressive riding to get the Genius 900 to use all 130-millimeters of its travel. I'd like to see an ever-so-slightly more linear spring rate from future generations of the bike, but if your looking for a marathon racer that'll handle more technical terrain, this is a bike that should be on your must-ride list.

Continue reading here, looks cool!

[fblike]http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253667&p=3828048#post3828048[/fblike]