Quantcast

First Serious Attempt at Plating Like the Pros...

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
...I'm still writing out the recipe, so be gentle.

also, I admit, the photo itself needs work.

I used a Sony micro Cam U20...

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
MMcG said:
Yum!

Is that grilled asparagus under there too? :drool:
Good eye!

Natch!

Grilled Asparagus = :love: in the Mouth!*

*obscure reference to Coca-Cola's move into China...

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Westy said:
Do the large order of fries come on a seperate plate?
I don't hate you.

But I do pity you...

Frites come with the STEAK POIVRE you dumbkopf!! How many times do I have to tell you?!?!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nobody said:
I don't hate you.

But I do pity you...

Frites come with the STEAK POIVRE you dumbkopf!! How many times do I have to tell you?!?!

You must have sold your sense of sarcasm for your sense of taste. What kind of dippin' sauce do you serve with that? Honey mustard or nacho cheese. ;)

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Westy said:
You must have sold your sense of sarcasm for your sense of taste. What kind of dippin' sauce do you serve with that? Honey mustard or nacho cheese. ;)
Actually, Honey Mustard isn't that far off.

Dijon and browned shallots in butter with a little white wine and rosemary.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
All you need is a Coors Light in a frozen mug and that table setting is complete!

(I can't plate worth a damn either. Unlike you, I'm too lazy to work on it :D Nice job!)

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
SkaredShtles said:
The html tag for that wine shows:

"2030 Syrah SBC"

They must've brought it back from the future. :rofl:
Hey, I have nothing to do with their website (although it was once upon a time offered to me and an associate, but still, we passed...)

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
for the record, i identified it as a capybara - a large rodent native to much of South America.

n8 was the one who called it a chupacabra.

neener neener!

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
TreeSaw said:
:drool: That looks amazing! I too second (or third) the grilled asparagus!
I do it almost every time i grill anything - it's so easy and women love me for it!

Sprinkle some EVOO, some kosher salt and some fresh ground pepper. Grill until some color develops, then get it off the heat.

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
Nobody said:
Good eye!

Natch! Grilled Asparagus = :love: in the Mouth!*
And I see some fresh Rosemary in there too? I have a good eye too. Do I get a chop for that? :drool:

Nothing beats those chops. I get a rack once in a while here too and cook 'em up with a little bit of rosemary. Mmmmm

Great looking presentation. Yes you're right on the photography though. Next time use a white bounce card behind the food out of the shot to bounce the flash back down on the food to back light it. You can even use a cheap shop lamp to hold a light from behind over it.

Still looks good though. I'm stuck with Italian Sausage tonight with peppers and onions.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Nobody said:
I do it almost every time i grill anything - it's so easy and women love me for it!

Sprinkle some EVOO, some kosher salt and some fresh ground pepper. Grill until some color develops, then get it off the heat.
I bought some today just so I could grill it up for dinner :drool:

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Chunky Munkey said:
And I see some fresh Rosemary in there too? I have a good eye too. Do I get a chop for that? :drool:

Nothing beats those chops. I get a rack once in a while here too and cook 'em up with a little bit of rosemary. Mmmmm

Great looking presentation. Yes you're right on the photography though. Next time use a white bounce card behind the food out of the shot to bounce the flash back down on the food to back light it. You can even use a cheap shop lamp to hold a light from behind over it.

Still looks good though. I'm stuck with Italian Sausage tonight with peppers and onions.
Yeah, bounce card or soft flash box is next, no doubt. Fact was, i was busy getting a dame out of her 'safety knicks' that i didn't pause for the better setup.

Hey, draw your priorities in the sand, and all will fall from that...