Quantcast

First shots from the 200-400 f/4 VR...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jenn came in and told me to grab my new lens this past weekend... Went outside to discover maybe 200 cedar waxwings stripping all of our holly bushes of berries. Never seen anything like it. My car looked like a victim of a disgusting paintball war since they would eat and then go sit in the tree that extended over my hood.

The light was pretty poor (too bright outside the bushes, too dark inside) but I was happy with the performance of the new lens. Just some cropping and resizing... might do some editing at some point since I think a few of these would clean up well.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've been reading about that... Projected to be almost twice the price and a pound heavier too. Hope the IQ is pretty tremendous. There are some more expensive Nikkors, too, of course.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Thanks Andy. It's a pretty sweet lens. Probably not a permanent part of my collection - I bought it to bring it on safari this summer. If I were to drop this kind of coin on a lens permanently, it'd more likely be a 500mm f/4.

Here's a crop/edit of the first shot. Amazing how much detail was waiting to be pulled out with some sharpening.

DSC_9083_1.jpg